2wheelingdawg

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Well that is just sad to hear. Sounds like a really piss poor accident. My condolances to the family :(

Condolences to his family and friends...

when are the bad news going to stop for a while?

Alfred

RIP. Sounds like he did not suffer and may not have even saw it coming given the weather and all.

My thoughts are with Sean's family and friends. My condolences. It breaks my heart to think of a little girl losing her Daddy. And Karen will need to go through her grief while trying to explain the unexplainable to Bailey. Godspeed Sean.

I did not know him but my thoughts are with him and his loved ones.

RIP, Sean.

That's it!!!! I am logging off for a while. To many good peaple going to soon. Sent chills down my spine.

This really sucks.

God bless him and his family. You will be in my prayers.

My condolences to Sean and his family.

Also, Mike wrote one of the best "Tribute Obituaries" I have ever read.

Sportster

I only knew Sean threw PM's about his bike getting repaired at a friend of mine shop and though i never met him in person this hurts. Another friend of mine called me today and told me the news and it took me a couple of minutes before it sunk in as he didnt know Sean but his exwife did and he knew i was on here alot so he thought he would call me and let me know.

Prayers go out to the family,

Last edited by a moderator:
My sincerest sympathies to Karen and little Bailey, his family and his friends here on the forum. What an awful accident.

There's just too much pain around here. Please ride safely at CFR, CFO and EOM everyone! Come back and tell us all about it.

Tragedy...I hate tragedy....and there is just too much of it going around. Michelle said it best, "There's just too much around here."

What a sad bit of news to read. Thy thoughts go out to the family and circle of friends in their time of sorrow. Their pain will not fade soon and I hurt for their loss.

I got a call from Rich today letting me know about Sean. Rich, Sean and Christine and I hung back from the rest of the group going up the Cherahola on Sunday. I wasn't sure if Sean was having a problem with his bike so I stayed behind him with Rich behind me. When Christine talked to him after pulling off he said he was just enjoying the scenery and the smells. Just taking it all in. Christine and I are deeply saddened by Sean's passing. Our hearts are with his family at this time. When Sean pulled up at the meeting point on the ocoee, I noticed the sweet sound of his FJR. First thing I said to him was, "man, turn that back on and let me hear it". Sean fired the bike up again and gave the throttle a couple blips. I only new him for a few hours, and could tell right off he was a good man. We will all miss you.

Don and Christine Ralph

Sad, very sad news. I can only think of what his wife and daughter are going through right now. Our prayers are with them and if there is anything we can do let us know. RIP Sean. :(

I wish I could find the words.... none seem adequate. 34 years old with a 5-year old little girl..... man.... this one is hard to take.

I am beginning to dread early Fall.... for two years running now, we seem to enter a Black Period during this time of season. The loss of veteran forum members - who were *huge* contributors to the community - and newer members like Sean, both are as tragic as they can possibly be. I understand completely when folks say they aren't going to log in for a while.... these situations wear away at your psyche, and can easily throw you in a tailspin of funk that is simply no good. Particularly when we are reeling from one loss right to another.

Like Rad says... it's getting to be crowded up there. :unsure:

Those of you who were close to Sean and his family: please don't forget to take care of yourselves during this time of grieving.

Last edited by a moderator:
So sad, prayers to Family, friends and even to the driver. I would think she must feel awful, sometimes things just happen when only the Lord knows why.

Following are two PM's I received from David (Wingnut) who was Sean's riding partner on the day of the accident. David is more than a riding partner on motorcycles. For several years, he and Sean were team drivers on a big rig and they traversed the entire US together. That kind of "seat time" surely provides a bond between two men that is beyond the norm. We are grieving along with Sean's great friend, David.

First is his post about the accident.

Mike, i'm the guy on the wing who was lucky enough to ride with ya'll with my buddy Bulldog(2wheelindawg?)up to the Cherohala on Sunday. This ride would be bulldog's last. He was struck head on by a on coming,hydroplaning suv as we headed south on hwy441. He died instantly. We had swapped bikes for maybe thirty mins when we ran into some rain and the accident happened. He loved riding very much, but was most passionate about his beloved black cherry fjr. He once left the barber museum after about a half hour because there were no fjrs in it. Thank you so much for putting on Sundays ride, he had just gotten his bike out of the shop (in for 2 months) and we had a truly magnificient day. Please call me ........ when you get the opportunity. thanks,wingnut

2nd is the post about Sean's Saturday funeral. It sounds like casual red and black for dress and motorcycles will be welcomed at the service.

Mike, thank you so much for your post about Bulldog, I struggle to find the right word to convey how much it touched our group of riding buddies. I haven't quite figured out posting on this forum, so I hope you won't mind relaying the service information. Bulldog's funeral will be held on sat, the sixth @ 11:00. Viewing will be on friday from 2 to4 and 6 to 8 at Cannon & Cleveland funeral home, 2580 N HWY 42, McDonough Ga. ph 7709141414. As per Bulldog's instructions,anyone attending should be properly dressed as if they were attending a Ga Bulldog tailgate party. Cars should have flags and magnets, to quote Bulldog"there's no such thing as too much or too tacky when preparing for a Bulldog game." The more red and black the better. The man was a serious Ga fan. Also,the family would appreciate the services of the Patriot Riders, if you could have that member contact me to see how to go about setting it up, that would be great. I finally got to see Karen yesterday to try to help with the healing process, lots of tears and hugs, this one's gonna take some time. Ya'll sure make up one great family of riders, I feel truly blessed by your support. wingnut

Very sad... :(

I never had the pleasure to meet or ride with Sean...but I do recall reading a ride report of a guy with a mohawk helmet. I look up to a man who cares little for the fashion of others but rides and lives his life his own way.

My sincere sympathies to his wife and little girl. May God grant them mercies and the help of friends and strangers alike.

My sympathies go out to the SUV driver as well, who had no intention nor inclination of taking a life that day. Grant her peace and respite from guilt.

My hopes are that a good contingent of PGR will be able to attend for our fallen friend.

Please be carefull out there you all. Each one of us matters...

How sad, to be so young and leave a 5 year old daughter and wife behind. My sincerest condolences and prayers for Sean, Karen, Bailey, family and friends.

This is really hard to digest. I met Sean for the first time on this ride Sunday. This is a picture I took when we took a rest stop on the Cherohala . Sean was getting a water out of his trunk. After I took this picture we talked about his new pipes. I really liked those pipes and so did he. Sympathies to his wife and little girl. I can't imagine their loss.

DSCN2671.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.