600 Mile Initial Service Screw Up

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Glad to hear they did the right thing. Man, oh man; that Liquid Graphite is a really nice color, isn't it?

In my book, the dealership paid for the new tank, so they get to keep the old one. They corrected their mistake. They could have been dicks and simply repaired\repainted the tank instead of replacing it outright. My 2 cents....

Yep, their responsibility was to make things right by making sure you have exactly what you brought in. No more and certainly no less.

Yes, the old tank belongs to the dealer. If, however, their intent is to toss it in the dumpster then it might be nice to get it. Never know if you (or someone else) might want a Frankentank made some day. If it was me, I would probably have gotten the tank and then stored it in my garage for the next ten years thinking that I might want it someday.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey Moe, was the mechanics name Larry or Curly?
rolleyes.gif

Kudos to you for not blowing a gasket. It doesn't accomplish much after the fact anyway, and being reasonable about it could likely help you at that dealership in the future.

If you normally ride with a tank bag you'd never see the ding. Maybe ask to have the new tank delivered in a box. That way you could keep it for the day you ever want to sell the bike and never have had to worry about protecting that old tank

If you normally ride with a tank bag you'd never see the ding. Maybe ask to have the new tank delivered in a box. That way you could keep it for the day you ever want to sell the bike and never have had to worry about protecting that old tank
Hey Fred, you know you're about 3 months late, right?