• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to FJRForum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

90° Valve Stems

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bike Effects

Reaction score
For those that are interested, Bike Effects now has the Ariete valve stems in stock. They come in black, silver and dark blue. They look to be of high quality and are machined out of one piece of aluminum.

I currently have the black and the dark blue in stock. Silvers should be here in a couple of weeks. Supplies are limited.

You can see them here on the first page (8th item down) of my FJR1300 Showcase:

Valve Stems

Although by themselves, these items are not enough to get the FJR1300 Forum discount, the minimum being $50.00, but could be combined with other items. In case you have forgotten or did not know, Bike Effects gives a 10% discount to Forum members on purchases of $50.00 or more. This discount is calculated from the advertised prices (may or may not be MSRP), and applies to product totals on our Web site. Here is how it works. During the checkout phase of an online purchase, there is a box where you can place a Discount Code or Coupon Number. Your Coupon is "FJR1300". The discount will be figured automatically on checkout. Telephone orders also apply. Just mention that you are a Forum member here.

Last edited by a moderator:
Are these guarenteed to fit? I bought a set of 90's, also universal Jap fit etc, only to find they were too small. The feej holes appear to be a little larger than std.

Are these guarenteed to fit? I bought a set of 90's, also universal Jap fit etc, only to find they were too small. The feej holes appear to be a little larger than std.
I'm going to mount my front tomorrow. I'll let you know.

The Ariete stems made for the Japanese bikes fit the FJR perfectly. I've had them on my bike for over 8 months and they have proven to be one of the best farkles I've done. Checking the air pressure or putting air in the tire is no longer the pain in the butt it used to be. Get these stems....you will be forever glad you did.

Get these stems....you will be forever glad you did
How much hassle are they to install? I'm assuming I can just get away with breaking the bead (something probably not easily accomplished without special tools, right?). Maybe best suited for the next tire change. I can sure foresee the benefits of these though and would rather not have to wait for my brand new Avon to wear out.

I just installed the front stem on the FJR. The local Yamaha dealer removed the tire for easy access to the wheel. The Ariete stem has a rubber seal, which in my case, was a little difficult to get in to the hole in the wheel. The technician carefully removed the rubber seal and inserted it in the wheel first, followed by the stem. The supplied nut was then torqued to spec at 10Nm, or 88 in lbs. I did have him re-balance while I was there.

It is really easy now to check the pressure with my Accutire digital gauge, and adding air is much easier.

Anal information follows!

Original short rubber stem weighed .33 oz.

Ariete aluminum stem weighs .41 oz.

Weight difference is .09 oz.

Weights are from a Ohaus 505 reloading scale.

Farkle on!

Anal information follows!
Original short rubber stem weighed .33 oz.

Ariete aluminum stem weighs .41 oz.

Weight difference is .09 oz.

Weights are from a Ohaus 505 reloading scale.

Farkle on!
Excellent info! Thanks.

Bike E, is $28.95 for one stem or two??? If for two I would be very interested. Smitty

Bike E, is $28.95 for one stem or two??? If for two I would be very interested. Smitty
For the pair. $2.00 more for black or blue. The blue is a dark blue. Unfortunately, silver is not in stock yet. Two weeks is the guess.

If there are members here that want silver, send me an email (no PM's please) and I'll email you back when they come in.

[email protected]

Last edited by a moderator: