90 degree Valve Stems

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I bought them and when I took them to the stealer to install when I had them mount new tires they refused to use the stems. They said they may become loose and cause tire failure. Anyone else have that pushback?

I bought them and when I took them to the stealer to install when I had them mount new tires they refused to use the stems. They said they may become loose and cause tire failure. Anyone else have that pushback?
No, but I've heard some people confusing the OTHER type of inferior stems that suck, become loose, and could fail. The ones Jeff is selling are FAR SUPERIOR. Or at least they've rocked for me the last 150,000 miles and 20'ish tire changes with nary a bit of movement.

Last edited by a moderator:
The place I took mine to sais they made the mistake of not using thread locker compound on an installation. The guy got a complete flat in a few miles. They said they haven't heard of a failure since they used thread locker on their installs per the valve stem instructions. I've got two tire sets and about 20k miles on mine with no problems.

I've put 80K+ miles on them and dozens of tire changes. No issues at all.

The place I took mine to sais they made the mistake of not using thread locker compound on an installation. The guy got a complete flat in a few miles. They said they haven't heard of a failure since they used thread locker on their installs per the valve stem instructions. I've got two tire sets and about 20k miles on mine with no problems.
Stealer just protecting his butt...... I've used these Ariete's in the past, I thought they came with thread locker already on them........ if not, then do it. I put many miles on mine.

I had a set of Ariete Bridgeport stems installed by FJRay at the Ruben Run a couple years ago. They came with thread locker already on them, and Ray...what can I say? Thanks!

My dealer actually reduced the cost of the tire change as i provided the valve stems - not a lot of money saved - but hey it all helps

I believe it is on the instruction sheet that they come with to use blue loctite when installing and even a (low) torque setting for the nut. I know... real men don't read instructions.
wink.png

I put them on all my bikes (that I can) because they are the complete shit! I wish there was a version for tube tires!
tonguesmiley.gif

Last edited by a moderator: