A few pictures of how I did my CCS100

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

timalan

Reaction score
The pulley wheel is a control pulley from some Cessna control cables. and I wish I had taken more pictures during the whole process. But I was working.....

All the brackets and stuff I made from junk in the Audiovox install kit.

I am going to change what I did soon but hell this was prototype.

I am changing the wheel bracket from that fuel rail thing that sticks up to the bracket that holds the throttle cables.

Anyways, Maybe you can see how I did it. I also used the throttle Loop adapter that loops around the throttle barrel. Instead of drilling the Tang thing. I didn't want to drill the tang. I am probably just anal.

Damn......I thought I was OCD! Nice work. Hope you remembered to plug the vacuum port in the last picture! Remove all that useless AIR system and your engine will be neater still.

Those vac lines are pulled because I was in the middle of a TB sync when I decided to shoot the pictures I didn't shoot before. UPS smashed my camera on way for repairs. OCD! ME? :yahoo:

Are you sure you have enough clearance under the heat shield?

It looks like your Cessna pulley is high enough to rub the underside of the heat shield.

Here is a couple shots of the Chain and servo cable Pulley. Aluminum from a Mooney this time. And On '07 AE model.

Thanks for the photos okierider(07FJRAE)!!!

Cable coming from the Side. Servo mounted in tail

That setup looks like it's in an area where there is even less heat shield clearance.

Last edited by a moderator:
Are you sure you have enough clearance under the heat shield?
It looks like your Cessna pulley is high enough to rub the underside of the heat shield.
Yes I checked that. It is actuall lower than you think. Lots of room. You can see where that the top of heat shield goes on top of that tab. It then slants up to where the cable clamp on the servo cable is. The servo cable clamp actually does touch the bottom of the heat shield a little so I am changing the cable when I get a chance but that was my only clearance issue.

That setup looks like it's in an area where there is even less heat shield clearance.
That's funny there is actually lots of room there. It's all well below the heat shield.

But what do I know... I just did it?

Is there any way the chain could get off the pulley and become jammed? When I installed the Audiovox on my FJR I was very happy with everything except the mechanical connection to the throttle assembly. It works well but I seem to always apologize for the kludged connection when I show it to an acquaintance.

Is there any way the chain could get off the pulley and become jammed? When I installed the Audiovox on my FJR I was very happy with everything except the mechanical connection to the throttle assembly. It works well but I seem to always apologize for the kludged connection when I show it to an acquaintance.
I am sure that there is a way. I tried awfully hard to make it come off and I couldn't. But it could fail. My new bracket is going to have a guard over the top of the pulley to eliminate that question for me. And the other two people who have it. I am also putting the smaller aluminum Pulley on them. I have to machine the pulley a little so the chain goes down inside the pulley. The balls of the chain are almost fully below the edge of the Pulley.

I was unhappy with drilling the tang and the angle of the cable when it comes out the end of the sleeve at the end. I wanted the cable to pull straight. that is why I decided on a pulley. I tried a Stainless sleeve and the chain kept binding inside the sleeve.

On my Concours install, The cable actually sawed a groove in the end of the cable assy. all the way back to the Nuts where it then broke. Contantly adjusting the throttle back and forth, sliced that cable housing like butter. With the spring tension on the FJR I figured it would do the same. ????

design in progress... Keep trying shit till its perfect I always say.

Thanks for the input.

Last edited by a moderator:
That's funny there is actually lots of room there. It's all well below the heat shield.

But what do I know... I just did it?
Pressure from the heat shield snapped my AVCC cable end

Not fun
One the AE there is plenty of clearance 1/2 inch above chain cable and pulley.

On the A (mine) there is less and the heat shield actually does contact the very top of the bracket but not the cable.

The rest is Lots of clearance

Right! it is a very whimpy housing.

I had the same thing happen on the concours. but it wasn't from any heat shield. It was from downward pressure of cable. Everywhere I put the adjust nuts. It broke just past the nut. I move it and adjust and it broke again. Finally I threw away the servo. that is why I wanted straight shot on cable this time.

Thanks for the input.

And that's why I use a piece of fuel hose as the last few inches of cable guide. That way the cable exits the metal guide straight on, and the downward bend is at the hose end. Perfect for 24,000 miles so far.

And that's why I use a piece of fuel hose as the last few inches of cable guide. That way the cable exits the metal guide straight on, and the downward bend is at the hose end. Perfect for 24,000 miles so far.
And thats why I am OCD! Steve called it in the first response I suppose. Over design of a simple project. when simple rubber hose woulda fixed my problem.