A new chapter

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

graler

Reaction score
I found out Tuesday that I will officially retire on Thursday.

My company is divesting ... wait stop corporate speak.

They are selling my division. They do not want to be in this business. We are being sold to a competitor. I am an asset in the negotiation.

My age locks in my pension and my retiree medical benefits - whew! I will go to work for the acquiring company. This is not a story about how I will ride into the sunset. It is a sunrise on a new opportunity. I will have to keep at it for a couple more years. That is all I can say until Friday when the news becomes public.

Joe

This sounds like a great deal for you since you are one of the identified assets. Good luck.

Does this mean that if I crash I won't receive a nice Care Package?
smile.png

Good luck with the next chapter. It is good to be an asset. Hopefully the new owners will treat you as such.

Does this mean that if I crash I won't receive a nice Care Package?
smile.png

Good luck with the next chapter. It is good to be an asset. Hopefully the new owners will treat you as such.
Sadly i will not have access to the wonderful gift boxes any longer.

In regards to being an asset. They have treated us well so far. Their benefits are more expensive so they adjusted our salaries to compensate for the change. At my current job I have 5 weeks of vacation. They have grandfathered me into their policy and I keep my 5 weeks.

Joe - we've discussed this before and it is most assuredly great news. I'm dam happy and proud of ya.

Two weeks from tomorrow, I take off for 22 days to play with Josh up to CFR, Spearfish, and anything else we can find between here and there and there and here. On day one, I'm running right through the east side of the DFW loop. Start packing - I can pick you up there. I promise you - we're gonna have a blast!!!

PS - and don't bullshit an excuse without at least thinking about it. It's only a window of opportunity of you let it be.

Last edited by a moderator:
Joe - we've discussed this before and it is most assuredly great news. I'm dam happy and proud of ya.
Two weeks from tomorrow, I take off for 22 days to play with Josh up to CFR, Spearfish, and anything else we can find between here and there and there and here. On day one, I'm running right through the east side of the DFW loop. Start packing - I can pick you up there. I promise you - we're gonna have a blast!!!

PS - and don't bullshit an excuse without at least thinking about it. It's only a window of opportunity of you let it be.
Pants - no lame excuse here. I am retiring from my current position but I start a position with the new company immediately. Retirement is only an indicator that my medical benefits and pension are locked in from one company. Kind of like a save point in a video game - if something happens I do not have to go back to the start. I will continue to be a working stiff for at least another 6 years that is when I can draw my pension un-reduced. It will also be the point that I know that I will not be eating cat food at anytime during my twilight years.

I can provide some more details now since it has been made public. 3M has sold its Communication Markets Division to Corning. The sale closed Friday. I was retired from 3M on Thursday and today is my first day with Corning.

Now you can go buy or sell your shares of stock. I wont get in trouble for providing any information that I was not allowed to provide.

Some hints would have helped.
winksmiley02.gif

Just before the dot com bubble burst a friend of ours was getting hints from someone in the know. Sad to say he wasn't catching on. Let us say the peeps in the know retired soon after.

Dave