abs fault codes n brake probs

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rvingfool

Reaction score
I can't find info on this site re: obtaining fault codes and wanted to know if I need a test coupler or maybe I can make one or is there a way to access them ? I did some smokies and brakes havnt been right since. Bled system, cleaned sensor hubs n abs sensors look ok. Abs light comes on for 2 secs but no pulse in lever or pedal. All fuses check out ok, no click from under seat. On an 08 still under y.e.s. but usually do all my own work and don't want y.e.s. to deny a claim because of abuse. Any info will b appreciated. Thanks and ride safe

I was going to suggest you join forces with the guy in this thread but I see you are one and the same. In this Forum it is good form to keep the same topic going in just one thread, it keeps all the info in one easy to find and read location.

I wrote a little ABS thingie, I'm off to see if I can find the link to it.... I'll be back.

................Back. Click >>THIS<<

Last edited by a moderator:
Wanted to say THANKS to ionbeam and the other member who guided me to the info re: my abs probs. Was able to get codes and cleaned up the rear caliper, bled the system again and after a ride around the block it seems problem solved. Will do a longer putt tomorrow and keep my fingers crossed. Also thanks to Adam who helped me get back into the forum. Not very internet savvy but learin little by little. Read lots of posts and gleaned much info about our scoots and I am lookin forward to checkin out this forum in the future. Thanks again, safe ridin !

I can't find info on this site re: obtaining fault codes and wanted to know if I need a test coupler or maybe I can make one or is there a way to access them ? I did some smokies and brakes havnt been right since. Bled system, cleaned sensor hubs n abs sensors look ok. Abs light comes on for 2 secs but no pulse in lever or pedal. All fuses check out ok, no click from under seat. On an 08 still under y.e.s. but usually do all my own work and don't want y.e.s. to deny a claim because of abuse. Any info will b appreciated. Thanks and ride safe
Seems to me the first thing is to not tell anyone anywhere in any media. Now that you have....