Absolute New Record

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mississippi

Reaction score
On 23APR07, myself and the five guys I did a SS1000 with submitted our ride certs to the IBA. I received confirmation from the USPS that it was delivered to the IBA on 25APR07. After reading about the backlog at the IBA, I had not anticipated hearing anything until the Fall, at the earliest.

My wife was balancing the checkbook last night, and just happen to mention that the IBA had cashed my check. What?? No way. I checked with the other five guys I rode with, and sure enough, everyone's check cleared the bank on 08MAY07. That is 13 calendar days.

I thought that they didn't cash your check until after you passed the prelim review.

Think they have changed their procedures?????

I think they cashed Pending's check LAST YEAR and he just got his stuff last week. Cashing your check evidently doesn't mean you still won't wait several months. I sure hope for your sake that the IBA is catching up... but I'm not holding my breath, that's for sure.

Yeah - I hear you guys. I have been following the turn-around times here, as well as on the STN forum. For the most part, it has seemed like it would take them around 6 months or so to even cash your check. But here lately, there have been several cases where your check has been cashed relatively fast - less than a month.

I really don't think that I will get the magic package in the mail any faster than the eight or nine months it seems to take, and that's Ok with me. But it does seem that they may be changing the way they do things by cashing your check early.

The good part about this is that I know for sure that they have my documentation.

I really don't think that I will get the magic package in the mail any faster than the eight or nine months it seems to take, and that's Ok with me. But it does seem that they may be changing the way they do things by cashing your check early.
It's entirely possible they were catching flak for it (who wants to carry an open check for that long?), or maybe running into checks that were no longer valid. Don't know, but it makes sense to me that they'd cash them more quickly.

For anybody keeping score, May 23rd was 10 months for me, still no balloons and streamers... :(

Jeff

They cashed my check back in early January, for the ride I submitted in August, coming home from WFO-5.... tick tock, tick tock, tick tock... maybe I'll have a new bike by then. :unsure:

I did the ss1000 in June, they cashed the check in November and I received the pin, sticker, and plate last week. WELL worth the wait. The info sent was more than the $$.

Planning on the

I'm now planning for the SS2000 in June.

Once again, the info. they provide is well worth the wait.

I just greased the wheel and contacted Ira. He is going to look into it.

Just to make sure they have everything (except another check) I re-sent all my receipts and filled out the submital form and emailed those to him as well.

I'd just like to get my WFO-5 related IBA cert before I leave for WFO-6.... :unsure:

I'd just like to get my WFO-5 related IBA cert before I leave for WFO-6.... :unsure:
Really Groo? Makes a fella think that maybe running the WFO6 ss1k and getting the immediate cert would be worthwhile.. (said for all you pussy fence sitters out there)

I'm kinda interested in the working at IBA. What could possible cause them such a backlog? a year to finish a transaction? Holy crap! They must live in a cave or something cause with that kind of turnaround they surly don't have any utilities at the house, and that doesn't matter anyhow, cause the bank shurly would have kicked them out by now.

Does the wait make it sweeter when it finally arrives?

I'm kinda interested in the working at IBA. What could possible cause them such a backlog? a year to finish a transaction? Holy crap! They must live in a cave or something cause with that kind of turnaround they surly don't have any utilities at the house, and that doesn't matter anyhow, cause the bank shurly would have kicked them out by now.
Does the wait make it sweeter when it finally arrives?
They lost their two trained workers (Its volunteer work) and Mike is VERY anal about the cert validation and training of the people who verify them (and he double checks each one). He also doesn't want the paperwork going all over the country so only has people who live near him (Chicago area IIRC) work on them. To give you an idea of how many they verify they had over 450 rides verified for just June of last year!

Last edited by a moderator:
Looks like the Certified IBA Ride Finishers list was updated Monday. Quick, everyone go check and see if you made the list and let us know!

Last update: June 4, 2007 for rides through June 30, 2006.