Accesory Lighting

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

OrangevaleFJR

R.I.P. Our FJR Riding Friend
Reaction score
I have never bought accessory lighting. I just take curves slowly at night because I can't see well enough when going normal speeds. Therefore, I would use ancilliary lighting to provide lighting to the side (and up a bit) for dark cornering. That would allow me to speed up a bit and still see what's coming.

Do those that have extra lighting use them for this purpose specifically, or are you just in general looking to broaden , or lengthen the beam of light (or both).

Secondly, what lights are you happy with? I hear a lot about auxilliary lights flickering out...is there a reliable brand?

Thanks,

Andrew

I was going to link you to WC's 'Eyes of God' write-up, but it seems it's gone AWOL from his site (or I'm blind and can't see it listed). I'm sure he'll chime in shortly...

One can still Google it and find threads. Try Warchild's Eyes of God PHID's are la cula de la gata (cat's ass) and are spendy at $700.

There are other halogen alternatives that are cheaper with less lumen including various PIAAs and Hella units discussed in this timely sister link at HID Lights for LD Rides Remember that the FJR alternator capacity is a factor when choosing.

Personally, I currently have Hella FF50 lights I picked up on eBay for $40. A lot of bang for the buck....but I'm eyeballing the PHIDs myself :dribble:

Doh!

OK, so why is it when I click on your link I get the write-up, but when I go to his Home page, I can't find the link? Wait a minute... a few renegade brain cells just kicked in... IIRC didn't he pull that cuz the vendor went bust or something along those lines?

Last edited by a moderator:
Yeah it is pulled, but the pictures are so pretty that one shouldn't obsess on links being active or any other shortcoming, because would get the value of the whole.

Actually, I'm just lame getting around to updating it with CatfishRacing.com as the new vendor, etc.....