Adding Additional Turn Indicators

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Pale Rider 07

Reaction score
I'm in the process of adding more lights to my bike. I initially wanted the lights to be running/brake/turn capable. The more I watch videos from various manufacturers, I find that if the additional turn signals are not in sync with the bikes turn indicators, it tends to look more confusing than helpful. I want those that are following to easily understand what my intentions are when turning without having to decipher a lot of flashing lights. Have not had much opportunity to ride behind someone with additional turn signals at night. For those that have, what did you think?

Thanks!

Dave

I have the Admore LED kit in my Givi E52 top box; adds brake, run, turn signals that are in sync with bike likes. Augments the stock lights nicely. Youtube video

Of course, this only helps if you have a Givi...

I have a Gen II with the FZ1 mirrors on it, I wrapped the top of them with LED's at night everyone see's them. During the day not so much including me and I put them on for me to remember to shut the dam things off.

I'm in the process of adding more lights to my bike. I initially wanted the lights to be running/brake/turn capable. The more I watch videos from various manufacturers, I find that if the additional turn signals are not in sync with the bikes turn indicators, it tends to look more confusing than helpful. I want those that are following to easily understand what my intentions are when turning without having to decipher a lot of flashing lights. Have not had much opportunity to ride behind someone with additional turn signals at night. For those that have, what did you think?

Thanks!

Dave
I purchased two amber and one red LED light strips from these people https://www.customdynamics.com/truflex_flexible_led_lighting.htm attached them to the OEM top case and wired them into the rear light harness for left and right signals and brake. I also use a trailer extension harness with quick connects so they can be disconnected to remove the top case. Worked like a charm, very bright both day and night. It wasn't any less expensive then the pre fab units like Admore's but it is also less noticeable, that is until the lights come on. The rear was not to much trouble since it's pretty easy to get to the rear light harness under the pillion seat. I haven't attempted any thing for the front yet since I'm not sure how to do the wiring without having wires visible.