Adware/Spyware Remover

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I am responsible for about 600 laptops at work and they run pretty well when my users listen to my recommendations.

This is what I put on all their laptops including my own.

I use Microsoft Windows Defender to keep the adware/malware stuff off the computer. - Free

Adaware and Spybot work well but you have to buy the version that actively protects your computer. The free versions usually just clean it after you are infected. I am not too familiar with Spybot but I have used Adaware paid for version and it works fine.

The other thing you need is a good virus program. I have used Symantec/McAfee and AVG. All work well. AVG is free to home users.

I would recommend backing up your files, then wiping and reloading your computer. This will ensure you have a good clean install of everything. Then you can install the programs you have decided to use to keep you safe from viruses and adware/malware.

The Ubuntu people will send you a free copy of their program. I am not a full time Linux user but this program has a great installer that is easy to follow. They will also send you a CD that you can use to start up your computer and run their version of Lnux without actually installing it on your computer. If you like it you can then install it. That way you can try it before you fully commit to it. I will warn you that Linux is something you will need to put some time into to learn. It helps if you have a friend that knows about it or you join the Linux forums and make friends there.

If you want the easiest version of Linux get a Mac. If you are interested go to the Apple store and take a few of their free classes. They love to show off their computers.

Good luck and send me a PM if you need help.

Yes, Linux is an operating system. It takes a little know-how to install it
Yes - *if* you're already a computer geek. Otherwise it can be a confusing PITA.
Yeah, like Windows isn't a major pain in the ass. If you're doing everything to keep MS "secure," then you've already become a computer geek. And if you can install a program in Windows, you're capable of installing Linux.

You shouldn't be afraid of your computer. It can always be fixed... unless, of course, it's become a virus-laden MS machine o' death.

Yes, Linux is an operating system. It takes a little know-how to install it
Yes - *if* you're already a computer geek. Otherwise it can be a confusing PITA.
You shouldn't be afraid of your computer. It can always be fixed... unless, of course, it's become a virus-laden MS machine o' death.
Even if the computer had every virus in the world it can still be fixed. That is why you wipe it and reload it.

Latest posts