• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to FJRForum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

Aerostich Mini Compressor - Sale $32.50

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
On a semi-related note, where the hell's my Aerostich catalog?? With most companies, once they get you on their mailing list, you have to die to stop getting the catalogs. (Well, it doesn't really stop, you just don't have to read it anymore. Your survivors do.)
But this one I enjoyed looking at. If you don't buy something one year, they just drop you? What's that shit about? I might have to buy something from them one of these days so I can start getting the catalog again.
Catalogs and shipping are expensive and Aerostich only sends out free catalogs with orders of $500.00 or more. I usually swing through Duluth once a year and pick one up at the factory / warehouse / store for free when I'm buying shit I don't really need. Aerostich will sell and ship you one for $10.00 or you can download a PDF version for free. I guess that's what all the young wiper snappers do now days. https://www.aerostich.com/catalogrequest

Last edited by a moderator:
What am I missing here? I go to the mini compressor link and $50 please. No compressor in the sale list, nada but "$50 payment required prior to shipping". Say what?

The Battery Tender Jr comes with a 7 amp fuse. That's 96 watts at 13.8 VDC. I would bet the pump draws close to that. I replaced my fuse with a 10 amp. The wiring can easily handle 10 amps. It would suck to blow the fuse while filling a tire that you just plugged on the side of the road.

Um, better to test the compressor at home instead by the side of the road.

The wiring is probably good to 15A. But 7A (7.5??) is probably used to keep the total load, earlier in the circuit(s), under 7.5A. Hit a load around 10A instead of 7.5A and something else could suffer.

YMMV

the fuse is between the battery and the SAE connector. Unless you connect a wire that can't handle 10 amps to the SAE connector, you're good to go. Fuses protect wires.