Today I received my Aerostich Mini Compressor

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

PanAmerican

Reaction score
3500_1a.jpg

https://www.aerostich.com/prevent-or-repair/tire-repair/pumps-air-compressors/aerostich-mini-compressor.html

What a nice well made little tire pump. It came with options to fast connect/disconnect to the battery with ring connectors, with copper alligator clamps, or with a cigarette lighter socket. Of course I first tried the cigarette lighter attachemnt into my aux socket in the hidey box. Blew the 3A fuse in a millesecond. Took off the panel, replaced the fuse, and connected to the battery with the ring connectors. Sweet. The pump even comes with an attachment to hang it up. Even the cloth case is well made.

It's nice and looks like it would last a while.

thumbup.gif

How big (small) is it? Can you hide it away in a saddlebag without taking up too much room? I read the specs but if you could post a pic of it next to part of the bike for reference, that would be greatly appreciated.

3500_1a.jpg

https://www.aerostich.com/prevent-or-repair/tire-repair/pumps-air-compressors/aerostich-mini-compressor.html

What a nice well made little tire pump. It came with options to fast connect/disconnect to the battery with ring connectors, with copper alligator clamps, or with a cigarette lighter socket. Of course I first tried the cigarette lighter attachemnt into my aux socket in the hidey box. Blew the 3A fuse in a millesecond. Took off the panel, replaced the fuse, and connected to the battery with the ring connectors. Sweet. The pump even comes with an attachment to hang it up. Even the cloth case is well made.

It's nice and looks like it would last a while.

thumbup.gif
I have this compressor under my seat, very small. :)

I've been eyeballing that for a while now and I'm minutes away from pulling the Trigger. Looks like something I'd like to have in my bag. Been using the Co2 cartridges and they are great but, I always think about running out. I have eight in my bag but, riding in a group, you never know when you'll run out and that looks small and the air will be unlimited. :rolleyes:

Dang, considering the source, I expected it to cost MUCH MUCH more. Not bad at all.

I have the same compressor and it is a great little unit. With the Power Commander, Fuse Panel, Starcom and other stuff there was no room under the seat but I have lots of room in the Corbin Smuggler.

I have a had the pump in my bag for several years and it has come in handy several time. I consider it money well spent.

Whole lot smaller than my Wally World slime unit. I thought I was done farkling for awhile. Now ya got me thinkin' again...

Gary

darksider #44

I have used this compressor for about 43 or 4 yrs. Never had a problem.It does get hot. Very hot. I wait after use dont want tub to melt.

Use it for kids bicycles many times. Car tire a few times, it does take time for car tire and gets hot but will work.

I've got one too, really like it. However, there are exposed solder points where the wires connect to the compressor. I ended up putting shrink wrap over them to keep them from brushing into something and shorting out while using it.

Pan, thank you for this info and pics, this is just what I am looking for, I think it will fit under my seat. Pan, damn you for making me spend more money, don't you realize I have already spent enough? Thanks!

That's pretty slick. Is the cord the same gauge as the pigtail for a Battery Tender? I already have one of those wired to my battery and if this would plug straight in to that it would be a home run.

I've got one too, really like it. However, there are exposed solder points where the wires connect to the compressor. I ended up putting shrink wrap over them to keep them from brushing into something and shorting out while using it.
Thanks for the Heads Up BD, I'll take care of that first thing out of the Box. :clapping:

Pan, thank you for this info and pics, this is just what I am looking for, I think it will fit under my seat. Pan, damn you for making me spend more money, don't you realize I have already spent enough? Thanks!
Here is a pick of the pump under my seat.

IMGP3224iPhone.jpg
Yep! That's small alright! :clapping: