• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to FJRForum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

New Motopumps Air inflation kit $59.95

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bigjohnsd

2021 BMW R1250GSA
Reaction score
<a href='https://adventuremotorcycle.com/news/motopumps-air-shot-kit'>https://adventuremotorcycle.com/news/motopumps-air-shot-kit</a>

MotoPumps has just released its newest 12v inflator, joining the Classic MotoPump and the Mini Pro - Introducing the new MotoPumps Air Shot inflator -- The smallest, lightest, most feature packed, best performing 12v inflator on the Planet!

Powered by your bikes 12v system, drawing less than 5A, weighing in under a pound, and fitting easily in the palm of your hand, it is convenient to pack along and ready any time you are. The pump will inflate a completely flat motorcycle tire in approximately 5 minutes or air up a low tire in seconds and includes a revolutionary secondary schrader valve for real time air pressure monitoring. The LED work-light makes night-time use a snap. Every MotoPump is backed by our no BS, Five Year Limited Warranty.

The MotoPumps Air Shot Kit combines all the function and features demanded by avid mototourists. The pump is heavy duty, yet light and compact, so it is easy to store under the seat, in your tank bag or pannier.  Everything stores in included heavy-duty case with a bit of room to spare if you want to add a tire plugging kit. Carry a MotoPump and be self-sufficient on the side of the trail or road!

The Air Shot Kit consists of the inflator, heavy duty case, SAE to battery clips, SAE to battery ring terminals, SAE to cig/BMW plug (convertible) and main power cord with SAE on both ends and a stainless pencil type pressure gauge. The entire kit packs into the heavy duty zippered case (6"x5"x2.75") that has some room to spare for a tire plugging kit and is squishy enough to fit under many seats. The whole kit, packed and ready to store on your bike weighs less than 18oz. The pump weighs about 6 oz -- 12oz comes from the 6.5' power cord, 3.5' cig/BMW cord, 1' battery clips cord, 1.5' battery ring terminals to SAE cord, pencil type air gauge and padded, zippered case. MSRP: $59.99 Motopumps.com

Last edited by a moderator:
I had one of their last versions and it fitted just perfectly into the space under the drivers seat of the FJR. I bought an AirShot as part of the presale on ADVrider and the new one is a lot smaller so I have consigned the old one to the Truck, put the new on in a corner of the smuggler and installed a ham radio under the seat.

For info, the Air Shot Motopump tucks on edge into the front of the dovetail / back behind the edge of the passenger seat. It still leaves the space under your seat open for tools.

Gonna pick one of these up. My compact Slime compressor just failed me in Havre MT, wouldn't get me above 34lbs when I awoke with 28lbs, due to a Garmin TPS slow leaking during the night (wasn't screwed on all the way down.) 3 gas stations later (all with air pumps that were broken/not working) and I was down to 25lbs. So I took out my Slime, and watched it stop at 34..

The fourth gas station worked like a charm. Checked my pressure 10 miles later, 25 miles later then every 100 after that.

I bought mine direct from Moto Pumps last year for $59.99 (Moto Pumps Air Shot Inflator (MPAS)) with free shipping.

It appears these items are readily available from several sources on Amazon for $53.99 with free shipping also (with the name Dynaplug Ultra Compact (DMPI-1502) on the pump / case).

Looks identical and seems to be linked to the same manufacturer? I've sent the company (Moto Pumps) an email to ask if it is the same pump/components.

EDIT:

Re: Moto Pump Air Shot Inflator (item MPAS) versus Dynaplug Ultra Compact (DMPI-1502)

Summary, pumps are same except the warranty offered is 5 years under Moto Pumps branding versus 1 year under Dynaplug.

Here is my email exchange with the moto pumps owner:

QUESTION:

On Sat, Apr 15, 2017 at 5:28 AM, wrote:

I purchased a Moto Pump Air Shot Inflator (MPAS) directly from your company last year.

I notice there are pumps/packages that look identical available from other retailers (Amazon) with the name Dynaplug Ultra Compact (DMPI-1502) on the pump / case.

Is this the same pump made by your company and marketed under two brands?

Thanks.

ANSWER:

Hi-
Dynaplug is the company I partnered with to develop the pump. Previously they were only making and selling the Dynaplug brand tubeless tire plugging tools. Great products, btw. They are the same unit, except for the longer warranty offered on the MotoPumps brand, 5 year vs 1 year.

Let me know if you have other questions.
Thanks!
Rob

Rob Bandler

MotoPumps.com
14 Sunset Dr
Lansing, NY 14882

[email protected]
607-533-9985 p/f

"Performance Under Pressure!"
Here is my email exchange with the moto pumps owner.

Picked one up at Americade last year. It caught my eye only because of reading John's post. Show price of $49.99. Ended up using it the next morning lol.

I still have one of the first compressor kits Rob made years ago. It was basically just a pump the had been removed from the case it originally came in, to make it small, and included everything you need to fix a flat on a tubeless tire. I seem to recall it being a bit cheaper back then, but then again, so was everything else. ;)

My motopump kit saved the day on our flat in the YooPee on our vacation ride to Montana. Never did find what punched a hole in that nearly new PR2, but the pump kit plugged it right up and got us on our way lickers split.

Had to use it again on the way back from EOM last fall when the inflator at a convenience store turned out to be a quarter stealing deflator. Not too convenient, but my motopump saved the day.

Can't ask for much more than that...

Posting a self explanatory message regarding great service from Rob at MotoPumps.

Rob - A final thank you for fixing up everything for me. Here is a short testimonial that you are welcome to use:
"I purchased a MotoPump for my FJR 1300 in 2016. I was very impressed with the quality and compactness; the pump kit fit perfectly in a dead space, on edge, immediately behind the passenger seat and under the front of the dove tail. The next year, I decided to purchase additional pumps for my other bike, my son and my friend. I discovered a problem with one cord/pump, which initially I thought involved all the pumps. I contacted Rob and he worked through the problem with me and quickly replaced the required components. It is apparently rare for one of the pumps to fail; however, the hallmark of an exceptional company is how they deal with an issue when something doesn't go right. All the pumps are working perfectly and Rob exceeded anything I could have expected. Terry K. Las Vegas"