AimExpo - Police crash bars for FJR

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The bags should be OK. The rear bag reflector is actually another sacrificial rash protector.

Your 'slider' is really just a tip-over guard. The bottom of the stator cover can hit the ground as well as the forward point of the fairing by the headlights and the mirrors. On a simple tip-over the mirrors can hit hard enough to break the front cowling's metal frame. Sometimes ya get lucky and the mirrors fold up and there is little to no scratching, other times you can catch it just wrong and the mirrors will really rash up and the front frame stay will break.

Borrowed photos showing the need for Tech Spec fairing protection:

DSC_0003_zpsjrggxpv2.jpg

DSC_0008_zpstltrpd4t.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
After a number of years of reading the Forum it is clear that someone can total a bike at 0 mph even with crash bars
wink.png
and some can ride home after an 80 mph wipe-out with no crash protection.
And some can ride home after center-punching a deer and riding three-up back to a hotel, but those are other stories.

No substitute for police bars, but as I noted elsewhere- I had a vehicle bump me causing the bike to go down. I had R&G sliders up front, t-rex bag guards in the rear. Nothing else. Got bumped hard enough to send the bike over/down with me kind of keeping momentum (personally), so I kind of pulled up my right knee and continued to my right when the bike went down to the right, so I didn't hit the pavement. Bike laid on it's side running. Once I was off the phone with local authorities, I turned off the bike (which was still running), and, with volunteer assistance, righted it. Zero damage to the bike. No damage visible to the sliders or bag guards unless you look close. Police or other, my pro cost me notably less than my insurance deductible, and I was out no riding time or personal time repairing or having things repaired. Big win in my book.

Latest posts