Alaskan Adventure

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I just got done reading all of it, and I mean every post. What a wonderful, engaging, character driven, and entertaining ride report! This is what all others should be judged by. And for that reason, it is why I don't write RRs. After witnessing this RR, I know that I will fail at any attempt to write anything worthy.Luckily, there are people like Frenchie in the world, who have not only the talent, but also the patience to put it all together online for a bunch of strangers.

Thanks Frenchie!
I would encourage you to rethink this. Our RRs are not a contest, there are no prizes given and no money is paid to the winner. I personally know there are others here who do a better job than I do, but I post mine anyway. I read all of the RRs on this forum as well as the two ST1300 forums I frequent and I can say with authority that GeorgiaRoller and Tyler are the two best photographers. But, I still post my pathetic pics with my RR.

I use the RRs as my own travel planner. I read about places I want to go as recommended by folks who ride the same type of bike I ride and like the same things I like. You don't have to be the best to be really helpful and appreciated. You might post something that a person you never met will read and get excited about. You might be the spark that starts someone else's Best Day Ever.

I would encourage you to rethink this. Our RRs are not a contest, there are no prizes given and no money is paid to the winner. I personally know there are others here who do a better job than I do, but I post mine anyway.
This.

If an inbred sister loving back woods redneck like Redfish Hunter can produce one of the best RR's on this site, then you can too! How you write matters little compared to what you write. You are sharing an experience. RH had an amazing experience with his dad and took us along for the ride and it was fantastic and that's what matters. Frenchie has the handle on the prose, Tyler and Georgia Roller have the handle on the photos, but in the end, your experience might outshine your writing or photographing abilities.

Heck, some of the best ride reports are a series of photos of an experience with a short sentence to let us know what's going on in the photo or what led up to it.

Much as I like Frenchie's RR, when it's a cold rainy slow day at work, I'd rather read a new RR and have someone transport me out of my office and take me on their ride than reread Frenchie's report for the 20th time. I can't do that if you aren't sharing.
biggrin.png

Thank you for the encouraging words guys, maybe I'll get inspired and write one some day. Until then, I'll just read them and appreciate the talent and time given for others enjoyment.