Alaskan Adventure

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Awesome! Great Report. Nice Pics. :clapping:

This is just a great pic for some reason.

972165490_U5dhF-M.jpg

And.... many others. Some strange ones too 'specially of the guy above! :p

Another great report. Makes me want to get up their even more. The wife and I will be heading towards Glacier National Park in 3 years for a long trip. I will have to head further up north towards Baniff.

OMFG! Best RR ever! I'm sad to see the adventure come to an end just for the selfish reason that it was so cool to read! Unbelievable fun! You really gotta take up that guy on the offer for 2011!!

Dont know why, but after reading your ride report, I feel like my life sucks :huh:

GREAT JOB! Cant wait for the next one.

Frenchy, I should have been asleep an hour ago, but stumbled on this.

You. The. Man.

Thanks for letting us all ride along with you.

Good night now....

I'll add mine in too. Great ride report! A lot of fun to read. How cool you have a girl that appreciated the spontaneous trip planning.

Now if I could just get my sorry ass out there and do it too......hope this inspires me...

mr.paul

Hello All,

First off, thanks for the overwhelming response to this little story. It was a lot of fun, and at the end of the day, fun is the point of these little rides.

I'm hoping to squeeze one more short ride in this summer, possibly to Houston to pay homage to my hero, the Ghost Rider when Rush plays the Woods Pavilion. I am seriously considering taking my new friend up on the Africa ride as well, just started looking into the staggering logistics of pulling something like that off. I also have an itch in the Map-kin lobe of my tiny brain to head far south to the mysterious lands that have been called North America's pants. And of course, Dark Meat Snack's wife (still strange to say that, going to take some getting used to) needs a nickname and needs to be properly introduced to the joys of whisky in plastic cups, helmet hair and ultra low cost hotels.

Time will tell.

Whether Sleeping Beauty and I head to the Dark Continent or not, or learn a little Spanish and venture to South America, as long as I have enough strength to pick up a motorcycle, I will be riding somewhere. I have to, it's what makes the doing rest of everything worthwhile.

And, of course, as long as I am riding, I will be writing about it.

Whether Sleeping Beauty and I head to the Dark Continent or not, or learn a little Spanish and venture to South America, as long as I have enough strength to pick up a motorcycle, I will be riding somewhere. I have to, it's what makes the doing rest of everything worthwhile.
And, of course, as long as I am riding, I will be writing about it.
And as long as you will write about it, we will greedily gobble it up. :yahoo:

You really should think about writing these adventures up and getting them published.

You've an amazing knack at turning a phrase that just about anyone with even a passing interest in motorcycling has to enjoy.

You could make a jillion dollars and then we could all say: "Ah yes, we (virtually) knew him when... "

Last edited by a moderator:
Excellent pix and phraseology, Frenchy! This RR is worthy of the holy grail of RR's, advrider.com - and that my friend is a compliement!

I have followed this ride report with keen interest, waiting anxiously like others for the next installment. I would love to see your reports complied into a book......Travelog(book with pictures). Thanks for assuring us that there will be another ride and another report.

BTW, at the rate you are claiming new territories for the Kingdom of Rhode Island, the Kingdom may soon surpass Colonial Britain as the Greatest Colonial power the world has every known. Keep up the good work, it's what the world needs today more Empire builders. :clapping:

What a fantastic adventure!

The pictures are amazing and I am sure they don't even come close to doing the scenery justice!

:clapping: :yahoo: :clapping:

12 year old scotch? Are you daft man? My feejer would start ticking and prolly shut down if I tried to load anything less than an 18 year old bottle in the saddlebag. :blink:

Is that so?

Forget Dark Meat Snack, from now on, I'm riding with YOU!

12 year old scotch? Are you daft man? My feejer would start ticking and prolly shut down if I tried to load anything less than an 18 year old bottle in the saddlebag. :blink:

A winter time 2013, cabin fever bump, for arguably the best Ride Report ever written on this forum. A great adventure, but also great writing by the author to portray it. What more could an avid motorcycle traveler ask for? Enjoy.

If you have the time, do yourself a favor and set out to read it from the first post. It is a great read, and seems to be mostly still intact, even after a forum reformation, and 3 years passing.

As for me, I captured every page of it when it first came out and stashed it all on my hard drive. That's how good I thought it was at the time.