Almost here....

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mjacks

Reaction score
I dropped by my dealership this morning after going to office depot to get an update on my bike. My sales guy says "wait a minute, I need to show you something." We walk to the back and what do you know, the crate is sitting back there right where the fork lift set it down not 10 minutes before hand. I must be clairvoyant or something.

Anyways the bike is being prepped for this afternoon and my waiting will officially end for good. Here are some pics off the phone for now.

Photo_041306_002.jpg

Photo_041306_003.jpg

Photo_041306_004.jpg

Photo_041306_005.jpg

Photo_041306_006.jpg

Photo_041306_007.jpg

Photo_041306_008.jpg

Question - were the mirrors on it in the crate? Can't tell for sure from pics if they are there and just turned down or something.

Thanks!

Very cool! That must be a very exciting experience. I would never leave that dealership until it was done! I didn't order PDP, I bought mine new off the showroom floor so I didn't get to see it in the crate.

Wow, your phone takes pretty nice pics!

Thanks for sharing, and congrats!

I wish I could have stayed and helped (more like watched) them put it together but I had no idea it was going to be here today and I had to get back to the office and take care of some business.

The phone is the Treo 650 and these are the best pics it has ever taken.

I don't think the mirrors were attached. I bet they were in the box strapped to the top of the crate.

I really wanted to see it in the crate but I didn't know if I was going to be able to do that so this was a very nice surprise for me.

What was the dealership, and the most important question.....were there any extra bikes that tagged along with yours? :eek:

I wish I could have stayed and helped (more like watched) them put it together but I had no idea it was going to be here today and I had to get back to the office and take care of some business.

I don't think the mirrors were attached.  I bet they were in the box strapped to the top of the crate.

I really wanted to see it in the crate but I didn't know if I was going to be able to do that so this was a very nice surprise for me.
Yeah, you have to take care of your pesky customers instead of helping put together your new ride! ;)

I'll probably give you a call next week to see you you like it!

Jim

Last edited by a moderator:
Great pictures. Thanks for posting. Enjoy! I was doing ok with the wait till all these great photos started showing up. :erm:

What was the dealership, and the most important question.....were there any extra bikes that tagged along with yours? :eek:
Mine was the only FJR they have gotten so far and the other boxes were an R6 and I think a cruiser (don't quote me on that, I was only concerned with one crate).

The dealership is Houston Motorsports North. I think they are only going to be 5-6 FJR"s coming to this dealership.

I don't think the mirrors were attached.  I bet they were in the box strapped to the top of the crate.

Yeah, you have to take care of your pesky customers instead of helping put together your new ride! ;)

Jim
Yeah, those pesky customers down in south Houston with corvettes are the worst.... :haha:

Here are some pics from last night. The bike is just freakish. It makes my old FZ6 feel like a 10 speed bike. It just feels solid and the power is everywhere.

firstday8.jpg

firstday1.jpg

firstday3.jpg

firstday4.jpg

firstday7.jpg

firstday6.jpg

Here are my impressions from approx 120 miles of riding today. I am borrowing Kaitsdad's list and adding my own thoughts since he hit all the topics I was thinking about today.

IMPRESSIONS:

1. Seat: I think the seat is comfy so far. The bike is wider than my last FZ6 so the reach to the ground is different but not bad. I am 6' with 34" inseam and I flat foot it easily with the seat in the high position.

2. Acceleration: Freakish. It is smooth and strong at the same. It isn't anything like the FZ6's frantic pace, but a nice strong pull from throttle tip.

3. Brakes: The brakes are very smooth. The FZ6 was much more grabby. They are strong and confident.

4. Wind noise - Compared to the last bike, it is very quiet. I always use ear plugs but I don't think I would need them for short rides.

5. NO WIND PRESSURE !! I liked having the windshield all the way down today since it was around 90 degrees but I think when it gets cold it will effectively keep most of the wind off me.

6. NO HEAT!! I didn't notice any more heat off the bike than I had with the FZ6 which wasn't much. I don't imagine it will be an issue at all.

7. FIT AND FINISH: The bike is more beautiful than I even thought it could be. The bike is solid and the materials are great.

8. Exhaust: It sounds great. It is nice and deep and not too loud.

Jim
Yeah, those pesky customers down in south Houston with corvettes are the worst.... :haha:
Yeah, high maintenance all the way!

Glad you got the bike and are happy with it, Mike. I'd love to come up and see it sometime!

Jim

Jim
Yeah, high maintenance all the way!

Glad you got the bike and are happy with it, Mike. I'd love to come up and see it sometime!

Jim
Just give me a shout and maybe we can get a few people together for a little ride.

Latest posts