Amazing tools, gadgets, and accessories for motorcycles~My list

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Two items I would suggest and that always go with me.

2) Glass cleaner and a cloth. I purchased a small spritzer and then wrap it in a small microfiber cloth. It can make a huge difference...
Yeah. Essential to make sure our whiskey is clear.

Reactions: WHS
Wait is there a way to edit the 1st post? I don't see an option
no.gif
In the lower right corner (of the Full Version) you should see an edit button. If it's not there then it may well be because you don't yet have enough posts allow to editing. You may want to send a PM to an Admin.
Alright everyone I'll make some changes to the list when I can figure out or gain access to full editing capabilities. How do you PM an admin for this access? Thanks!
On the home page of the Forum, at the bottom right corner (see a trend here ?) click on The Moderating Team and send a message to someone like Bounce or Ignacio.
Got it, I sent a request for editing rights. I'll make changes to the original post once I have access.

Mr Datechmaster,

You do have a couple of well sorted items on your list. Thank you for sharing them.

But let me comment on some I have exception with.

First, as others have stated, I would seriously remove bungie cords from that list. It just isn't worth the risk.

You can get a pair of Rok-Straps for under $20. Try them. I promise you will never go back to using bungie cords on a bike.

Next, frame sliders are an excellent idea. But not the $20 universal fit ones. Don't try saving money here.

And finally I personally would never put a disc lock on my bike. If you have one on and try to ride off by accident, well that's just not going to be pretty. YMMV

Mr Datechmaster,...

And finally I personally would never put a disc lock on my bike. If you have one on and try to ride off by accident, well that's just not going to be pretty. YMMV
Others here have suggested a .45ACP, a reasonable alternative to the disc lock.

Nice topic, and good Idee, but of course, I have some remarks

Firstly, Like @Pista, I dislike Bungee Cords, I used a bungee spider, i find it more secure https://www.amazon.fr/%C3%A9lastique-tendeur-araign%C3%A9e-maillage-crochets/dp/B00BI0A5CE.

After, for USB alimentation, I have plug it dirctly under the seet (this model https://www.tecnoglobemoto.com/accessoires-electriques/292-prise-allume-cigare-femelle.html) and I take the alimentation through the rear light.

prise-allume-cigare-femelle.jpg

after, to protect the radiator, for me it's mandatory to add a grid in front of it,

img_0018.jpg

img_0011.jpg

or an extender fender.

149981boue004.jpg

Gatien

Mr Datechmaster,...

Others here have suggested a .45ACP, a reasonable alternative to the disc lock.
Allow me a further modification of this theme. ;)

Xena makes a nice disc lock that also contains a motion alarm. Because I'd rather sleep in the motel room than stand guard over the bike all night, the disc alarm keeps watch. Then if the alarm goes off, the .45 (or 9mm for girly men like me) comes into play.

And to avoid trying to ride off with the disc lock attached, there's various methods available to greatly reduce that possibility. My version of the disc lock will alarm as soon as you move the bike, so that should be your clue to investigate before riding off. :) There's also a coiled cord lanyard available that runs from the disc lock to a tab that you insert in your ignition slot. I chose to repurpose a warning streamer that's normally attached to pins that lock an aircraft landing gear in the down position. This "Remove before flight" streamer is about 4 feet long and is hard to miss and is SO appropriate on an FJR that could fly if it had wings.

Good suggestions here. Also, I ground most of the head off a spare key, and taped it to a spot on the frame with black electrical tape. If you do it cleanly, no one would ever notice it. There if you need it, always.

Bottle opener. Helping people open their beer is a great way to meet people in the parking lot at an owners gathering.

Flashlight. It really helps when you're getting into someone's side case at night in a parking lot at an owners gathering so that you can see what kind of beer they offered you since you are the one with the opener.

Status
Not open for further replies.