Americade?

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DeadBank

Reaction score
Heading in the general direction of Americade at the begining of the week. (6/4-6/6)

Anyone else going to be in the area?

Mark

We live in Albany area and are planning to go on Friday night after work and probably Saturday too. We are not going in to see the Vendors but we will be walking around looking at other bikes and stuff. Usually we hang out near The House of Frankenstein. Look for a couple of '05 Feejers there. Also, send an email if you would like to hook up for a ride on Saturday.

Whoops....I just re-read your post and realized that you said "beginning of the week". We might come up earlier in the week too, being that we're so close.

Heading in the general direction of Americade at the begining of the week. (6/4-6/6)Anyone else going to be in the area?

Mark
I'll be there Tuesday, Wednesday and Friday nights at the bowling alley. The local Southern Cruisers chapter has a reception there every night at 8:00pm. :clapping: :clapping:

I'm there the whole week, (haven't missed it in 18 yrs) I'll be in front of ben and jerrys... :blink:

Well enjoy Americade ... I can't make it this year due to work :-((( not happy about it at all. On the other hand, I'll be up in VT for the BMWMOA rally ... Essex if I remember right.

I'll be at Americade Friday with some buddies from work (yes we're blowing off work :D ). Hope to meet up with some FJR riders.

Tom

I'll be there Monday through Friday coming from Jacksonville, Florida. Hopefully Gary McCoy will come through with my new Vstream before I leave. B)

There's a great short article on riding Vermont roads in this month's RIDER magazine. It includes a bunch of roads in addition to the obligatory VT-100. Check it out :)

Heading up Tues. from the Watertown, NY area. Will be doing the Ben and Jerry's/Vermont Teddy Bear Factory run, along with a trip to Whiteface Mountain.

Heading up Tues. from the Watertown, NY area. Will be doing the Ben and Jerry's/Vermont Teddy Bear Factory run, along with a trip to Whiteface Mountain.
If you hit Ben & Jerry's be sure to try RT 108 over Smugglers Notch. You will not believe it. :D

Tom

Tom, that was mean!!. I love 108 through Smugglers......Actually, that sounds like a perfect ride for Saturday if anyone is around......I'll rip up to Killington via 89 and 4 very early, and then head up 100 to 108 and then on my way back hit Brandon Gap. Anyone interested?

Jeffrey,

From what a few biker friends have said lately, Brandon Gap SUCKS. Tar is more broken up than last year. Middlebury Gap (RT 125) is better (and you might even see a MOOSE next to the road). :blink: Of course RT 17 is the BEST (App Gap between RT 100 and RT 7). Vermonts short version of TOD. :assassin:

Tom

Just got back last night. We did end up going 125, probably a nice road when its dry :D We road over it in a nice heavy rain, some fog, with a lady in a subaru AWD tight to our arse. 125 has some tight turns, one I misjudged, would have liked to grab some more brake before netry but the subaru was so close I was afraid to. Ended up riding the very generous shoulder. Subaru driver took this as a sign, and passed me in the turn in my lane :angry03:

Loved VT, loved the roads, but this was one of several incidents with subaru drivers though. Stupid bastards don't seem to realize that driving a motorcycle and an AWD in the rain are very different things. Reminded me of the jokes we used to make about connecticut volvo drivers when I lived in NH. OK, I feel better now. Gross generalizations seem to be the ticket!

v65,

If you liked 125 you'll LOVE RT 17 over the App Gap. Real nice tight corners and some good views from the top of the Gap. Let me know next time your in the state and maybe I can hook up with ya.

Tom