AMSOIL usage

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That and a trip to your local spa for some cleansing high colonic enemas should make you feel better by morning. ;)
A real man would clean that baby from the top-down, not the bottom-up! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Here ya go.... https://www.colonblow.com/
What exactly is your definition of a real man.....(try it without the if I had to explain it to you crap) :glare:
bitch.jpg

Great :yahoo: an oil debate!!! So what do the FJR experts say about Shell Rotela T sync? Got to say its cheap.... 12-15 a gallon at Wal-Mart. Mobile 1 is 20-25 a gallon. But hey its only oil for my 15,000.00 motorcycle, I don't want what's cheap, I want what's best for the engine. So, what should I use??? If it ever stops raining here in Ohio I may get more than 90 miles on my 06 and need an oil change. <_<
Read.

Then get back to us.
Thanks for the link Toecutter. Seems like I am on the right track. I've been using Rotella 5W-40 synthetic in my GoldWing and I change it every 5000 miles, I plan to do the same with the FJR. From what I read it seems that Rotella synthetic is good oil and 5000 miles is a good interval for changing oil. :yahoo: nice to know that my independent research has come up with an answer that at least some experts agree with. ;) .

Ohio, just remember the Feej is going to be turning a lot more rpm's than your wing did. (just in case you want to change sooner)

Thanks for the link Toecutter. Seems like I am on the right track. I've been using Rotella 5W-40 synthetic in my GoldWing and I change it every 5000 miles, I plan to do the same with the FJR. From what I read it seems that Rotella synthetic is good oil and 5000 miles is a good interval for changing oil. :yahoo: nice to know that my independent research has come up with an answer that at least some experts agree with. ;) .
I've taken to adding 8 ounces of GM EOS assembly lube to a gallon of 15W40 at each oil change. I figure more ZDP can't be all bad, along with 4k mile change intervals, mostly.

I've taken to adding 8 ounces of GM EOS assembly lube to a gallon of 15W40 at each oil change. I figure more ZDP can't be all bad, along with 4k mile change intervals, mostly.
You're in good company Toe....I was going to switch to Rotella earlier following all the excellent input from Jestal, but put it off; later I did switch to Rotella 15W-40 as a result of conversations with my neighbor, (his information, BTW, essentially matched Jestal's word for word, all the more reason to appreciate Jestal's input) who is a Shell Oil lubrication engineer, and is on the Shell Oil company website; he 'enlightened me' on the ZDP additive as well, which Rotella has an abundance of. He's a great guy and runs it in his vehicles (bikes included).. 'nuff said.

Last edited by a moderator:
I was not trying to get into an OIL debate nor a Jestal regurgitation.

Hmmm..... "regurgitation" and "amsoil"..... What a coincidence they end up in the same post.

Seriously, not to belabor the great Amsoil debate, but I was talking to a lubrication specialtist the other day and he pointed out to me (unsolicited input) that one could pass a "4 ball wear test" with triclorethylene (solvent) if one tried (anyone ever used TapMagic...???) . Not that you would want to put triclor... in your oil sump but that is THE test that Amsoil ALWAYS crows about with their oil being superior. Not that a 4 ball wear test has anything to do with an engine or that it is not part of any ILSAC or API engine oil specification. But Amsoil is the one that keeps bringing it up.... When they start testing to standard test procedures FOR ENGINE OIL and then showing significantly better results than anyone else then maybe the lubrication industry at large will start taking them seriously. In the mean time only the Amsoil "true believers" are in their camp. Not that their product is necessarily bad or anything. It just isn't any better than anything else commerically available, it is extremely expensive and is never tested and compared with any other engine oil as it would show that it is a similar product to what is out there already....for far far less money...without the pyramid marketing scheme.

Sorry....I almost regurgitated there.....

Last edited by a moderator: