Anchors Aweigh

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Burnspot

Who Me?
Reaction score
From the Blue Ridge Motorcycle Campground Facebook page...occurred just south of their bridge crossing. Solo rider ok.

harley-water.jpg

No real explanation about what happened yet, but I think it's clear that thing is not built for water crossings... :D

BRMC Facebook

Last edited by a moderator:
What am I missing about the front of that bike? It looks like an up-front three wheeled conversion...Like a Spyder. Except, the bars are turned and the front wheel is not. I'm looking at it from my phone, so am I seeing something strange??

From the Facebook link above:

No, this is not a CanAm Spyder. Yes, it is a H-D that has a modified front with two wheels similar to the Spyder. Yes, this is the Pigeon River that runs along the front side of the campground and you could see this bike in the river from our bridge. Fortunately, the solo rider was OK, but the bike.......well what do you think?

AJ, I believe what you're looking at is very weird/bad Photochop job.

Either that, or the Harley's front forks dissolved in the water...

chop.jpg

AJ, I believe what you're looking at is very weird/bad Photochop job.

Either that, or the Harley's front forks dissolved in the water...

chop.jpg
It might be the way that rig was designed. That nose is waaay too long for the forks to be doing anything but just be there. :blink: if its not photochopped, I'm sure it's the way the steering was designed. Either Way, I don't get it. :unsure:

Looks kinda sorta similar to a H-D conversion by Tilting Motor Works. Had the opportunity to talk to the owner / inventor of this rig a few weeks ago at our Isle of Vashon ride...pretty nifty idea when the time comes.

--G

Well................................This joint is on the interwebs, So,hot damnit this has got to be a real picture!

I'm calling fraud*. Sue me

* duhhhhhhhhhhh The tiller is fully turned to the right. and???????????????????????????????

Wait for it................

Yep da wheels are straight ahead.

Nevermind there is no direct link to the front half.

Well, it's conceivable that such a disconnect of apparatus is what put the thing in the creek in the first place.....

Goin' round the curve, goin' round the curve....

****sound like the silverware drawer fell on the floor, but amplified through a rock concert sound system****

Not goin' round the curve, not goin' round the curve, goin for a swim, goin for a swim.....

Well, it's conceivable that such a disconnect of apparatus is what put the thing in the creek in the first place.....

Goin' round the curve, goin' round the curve....

****sound like the silverware drawer fell on the floor, but amplified through a rock concert sound system****

Not goin' round the curve, not goin' round the curve, goin for a swim, goin for a swim.....
That sounds about right for what happened! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Looks kinda sorta similar to a H-D conversion by Tilting Motor Works. Had the opportunity to talk to the owner / inventor of this rig a few weeks ago at our Isle of Vashon ride...pretty nifty idea when the time comes.

--G
I'll be dayumed if you didn't nail it on the head!
Not saying this kit is the one in the drink, does look close. Owner made it sound like they were just now entering production.

--G

--G
Not saying this kit is the one in the drink, does look close. Owner made it sound like they were just now entering production.

--G
I hope they don't use this image as an advertisement! :eek:

--G

--G
You two should put a nail in each others head..

Jus sayin....

:fuck:

Ferk... Might better hit Vic whilst yer at it.. I see he's posting up some kinda duckshit.

--G

--G
You two should put a nail in each others head..

Jus sayin....

:fuck:

Ferk... Might better hit Vic whilst yer at it.. I see he's posting up some kinda duckshit.
Heyyyyy! What did I do?! Have you been drinin' tonight? Leave me outta this Shit!! :p

Dang Walt..

Why so damned insensitive? Gotta be about a years Salary resting in that creek.
Insensitive? Me? It ain't so, never was!

(I thought my silverware drawer metaphor was rather clever!)

And where' the line form to hit Vic? :lol:

Latest posts