Another Crappy Weather Day of M/C Riding in Arizona!

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

beemerdons

Certifiable Old Fart
Reaction score
Oh the Humanity, Forum Administrator Ignacio shamelessly drinking the purple BMW Kool Aid!

100_0387.jpg

Ignacio standing next to Papa Chuy Viejo's beloved Miss Lucy Liu.

100_0386.jpg

Cruiser Greg standing next to his machine and Iggy was riding SkooterG's new BMW R1200GS. Fast Jack's blue FJR also. (sorry about the poor focus, I was eating a burrito and taking a picture at the same time!)

100_0385.jpg

A much clearer shot of Fast Jack's FJR and Skoot's GS.

100_0384.jpg

Found a FANTASTIC place to eat in Ajo, AZ; Marcelo's Bakery & Cafe; Killer Enchiladas and Tamales! Best Mexican rice and frijoles I've ever had, better than in Mexico!

100_0390.jpg

The Boys wolfing down our la Comida Mexicana!

100_0389.jpg

Look at the smile on Fast Jack's face, you can tell he LOVED his lunch! Chomping down on those delicious burritos!

100_0388.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
One of our destinations was Organ Pipe National Monument next to the Mexican border; incredibly beautiful desert scenery and mountain ranges in the National Park.

100_0396.jpg

75 degrees in the Arizonan Sonora Desert and perfect riding conditions, with no traffic on a Monday!

100_0395.jpg

The Boys outside of the Organ Pipe Park Visitor's Center.

100_0397.jpg

The happy new BMW R1200GS Owner, FJR Forum Admin Greg "SkooterG" Marbach; a confirmed Kool Aid drinker!!!

100_0393.jpg

Fast Jack took a 20 mile spin on Skooty's new GS. Here he's telling Greg: "Shove this piece of Kraut Krap up your Ass!"

100_0394.jpg

It was a 350 mile loop for Papa Chuy and Cruiser Greg, we turned Northward at Quijotoa, AZ; we both had dinner dates that evening. But, Ignacio, SkooterG and Fast Jack continued on to Kitt Peak Observatory, so those three lads had a 450 mile loop in the Arizona desert. Eat your hearts out, Owosso Jackass and Wheaton, Illinois!

Thanks Don, just what I needed.

Looking out the window, I see rain - snow mix, and a street piled high with sand - salt mix.

Thanks Don, just what I needed.

Looking out the window, I see rain - snow mix, and a street piled high with sand - salt mix.
airboss, If that white crap and liquid sunshine gets to you, jump a jet and fly to Phoenix; bring Wheatie with you! Great M/C roads in Arizona and I've got a fleet of bikes.

Piff, I call a foul. No Way Scooter has a bike that clean. If it IS his bike tell him to go find some dirt, he looks like some city slicker on that clean MBW or whatever it is :p

Great pics beemerdons! Im in Phoenix also, and although I dont have pics the wifey and I did about 300 miles last weekend int he same great weather ;) headed up the back way to Prescott...real nice ride!

We are going on our 5th day of rain here in San Diego. It's like living in fucking Oregon again.

I got my bike back together the night before the first rain rolled in. Not fair.

You guys look like a bunch of bad Mad Max biker movie characters. :p

Looked like fun Papa Chuy! Weather looks great in AZ, right no it sucks in SoCal. It's been raining for 5 straight days, no let up at all, just steady rain. Tomorrow we finish the FJR-ark. SHould be fun loading all the animals. :D

Thanks for sharing and taking us on a virtual "dry" ride. ;)

You guys look like a bunch of bad Mad Max biker movie characters. :p

Looked like fun Papa Chuy! Weather looks great in AZ, right no it sucks in SoCal. It's been raining for 5 straight days, no let up at all, just steady rain. Tomorrow we finish the FJR-ark. SHould be fun loading all the animals. :D

Thanks for sharing and taking us on a virtual "dry" ride. ;)
Welcome from Chandler!

Don, you F%@#er!!! It's been pouring rain here for most of a week now. I thought maybe you'd been getting some too (rain, that is :p ), so I opened this post anticipating that it was a cry for sympathy. Clean bikes? Two FJR Forum Admins on BMWs in winter sunshine, and one sells them? WTF?!? :unsure:

Don, you F%@#er!!! It's been pouring rain here for most of a week now. I thought maybe you'd been getting some too (rain, that is :p ), so I opened this post anticipating that it was a cry for sympathy. Clean bikes? Two FJR Forum Admins on BMWs in winter sunshine, and one sells them? WTF?!? :unsure:
exskibum: Sadly, Life isn't Fair My Friend! I've my own cross to bear, Dr. Rich is younger than I am; Thank God, at least Niehart is older than Papa Chuy and I'm better looking than Fairlaner!

You.

Guys.

Suck.
Woosies too........ didn't see one mesh jacket in those pictures. Not like us seasoned veterans from north of 40.
https://weather.aol.com/forecast/todays//usa/arizona/chandler/id/usaz0034;jsessionid=272368FC2396149C45B01A820652AF91 Well Ray, we are suffering here now, only getting to 67F high today. Say, where do you and BikerGeek99 buy those Snugglies like I see on TV? I may need to get a set. "North of 40?" WTF! RaYzerman19, you're NORTH OF 60!!!

20101220-104831.jpg

Thank You, Matt; for a Father-Son Christmas Time photo of SkooterG and his Papa Chuy! Feliz Navidad, Amigo!