Another Death in racing 2nd in eight days

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ya....sad.

Read it on Troy Bayliss's page this morning when I woke up.

:(

Last edited by a moderator:
Very sad indeed. We forget how dangerous it can be to ride and or race. Our gear is very good but...

R.I.P.

It was on at noon Eastern Sunday. My DVR software on my PC thought it was a repeat, also, so I missed the beginning of the race, tuned in literally seconds before the crash. Wasn't even seated, yet.

That was a nasty crash. No one has described it, so for those who didn't see it, I will. I was actually more worried for the other 2 riders after seeing it, because they went flying, but on first sight I hadn't realized that they both actually ran over Tomizawa, at maybe 140mph. The cause was just a simple lowside by Tomizawa, he ran wide and got his front wheel over the curb and onto the grasskrete/painted area, whatever is behind the curb. At that point it wasn't any big deal, really, but de Angelis and Redding had absolutely nowhere to go, being less than a bike length apart in line.

I literally do not recall the rest of the race, just couldn't pay attention to it, even though I watched it through.