Another rack for Givi 46...?

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dj'sFJR

Reaction score
Okay, now that I just found the SW-Motech rack won't be available, after ordering it a week ago, for another 3 weeks... :angry2: ...and a ride we have planned to Ark on the 11th, I need to re-think this rack situation...arrhhh....!!

I really like the looks of the Motech. I have looked at several others but none have grabbed me like the Motech for when the Givi is removed and the rack not take away from the looks of the bike. Yeah I know I'm weird like that...

Does anyone have any other suggestions or links I can check out before my scheduled trip...?

Last edited by a moderator:
Anyone nearby who would LEND you their rack for your trip? If you were near me I'd trade you during your vacation time. At least you could use your Givi topcase.

Last edited by a moderator:
Okay, now that I just found the SW-Motech rack won't be available, after ordering it a week ago, for another 3 weeks... :angry2: ...and a ride we have planned to Ark on the 11th, I need to re-think this rack situation...arrhhh....!!
I really like the looks of the Motech. I have looked at several others but none have grabbed me like the Motech for when the Givi is removed and the rack not take away from the looks of the bike. Yeah I know I'm weird like that...

Does anyone have any other suggestions or links I can check out before my scheduled trip...?
DJ, When I ordered mine in June for WFO, twistedthrottle.com told me it was backordered until 'Late August'. Of course, guess what was waiting for me when I got home from WFO... Wife said it got here the day I left. <_< Go figger.

If you're main reason for buying the SW is the looks, wait for it you'll be glad you did. When the Givi box is not in use (most of the time for me) the bike still looks good as the SW rack is smaller and sits atop the stock. Also it only takes a half turn of 3 srews to place the Givi adapter onto it then just click the box on and ready to go.

If you can manage this trip w/o it i.e. strap on a tailbag you'll be happy.

Steve

If you're main reason for buying the SW is the looks, wait for it you'll be glad you did. When the Givi box is not in use (most of the time for me) the bike still looks good as the SW rack is smaller and sits atop the stock. Also it only takes a half turn of 3 srews to place the Givi adapter onto it then just click the box on and ready to go.If you can manage this trip w/o it i.e. strap on a tailbag you'll be happy.

Steve
Thats what I 'really' like about the Motech...Thanks for the input guys...well I got the Givi in yesterday, very nice piece...! Got the paint matched top and it looks damn good. I was told by TwistedThrottle the SW won't be in the States until the 17th... <_< I plan on waiting as I too like the way they look when the Givi is off. Best rack I've seen so far bar none. Yes, I wish I could find someone to 'lend' me theirs until mine comes in but I don't believe anyone in the Houston area would have one.

The plans are to use a the 'seat' bag I used last trip. Worked out just fine but really wish I was able to use my new addition...

Anyone nearby who would LEND you their rack for your trip? If you were near me I'd trade you during your vacation time. At least you could use your Givi topcase.
Thanks Mike, I appreciate your generous offer...!! :) I wish you were closer too I'd take ya up on it for sure...