Any chance for a RTE near Naples Oct 24?

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Finally something right in my back yard. I checked my schedule and it looks like I am open that weekend.

I am pretty much up for anywhere in central to south Florida. I can get most anywhere in Florida in half a day except for parts of the panhandle.

I have to agree with Rob. I live in South Florida and there is a bit better riding up north a bit. He knows lots of great roads around the Lakeland area. I know all the good roads in South Florida. There are a few, but no real destination type roads.

I like the idea of something Sebring or north. Maybe along US27. That would be easy to get to from most anywhere, but still leave some back road riding.

Pista - I am 2 hrs from Naples. I can show you the back roads of South Florida if you like. No great curves or elevation changes but there are places in Florida that are very unique and beautiful.

A couple of places I have eaten at, a little north of the Sebring area is Melonie's in Dundee, something for everyone, room for 6-12 (tables put together), and parking out front. No alcohol. https://ridgearearestaurants.com/RestaurantPages/MeloniesCafe/meloniescafemenu.html In Bowling Green, there's Joe's Barbecue. Plenty of room, good barbecue, parking up front, and no alcohol (I think).
I have eaten at both of these places and would recommend either. Melonie's has great food and she is a hoot. Half the fun is talking to her.

Joe's is good BBQ. He actually has smoke pits going outside. None of that store bought BBQ that's heated up like at the

chains. He has a big dining room.

There you are Dan, I knew this would be up your alley location wise. Maybe we could do some recon after our trips, but before we all RTE somewhere?

Pista - I am 2 hrs from Naples. I can show you the back roads of South Florida if you like. No great curves or elevation changes but there are places in Florida that are very unique and beautiful.
Dan, if it's possible to maybe ride to the RTE destination via those roads that would be great.

I want to spend time with family so other than the RTE day, won't have too much "me" time on this trip.

But I look forward to meeting you on that "stone gray" machine either way!

Steve

Dan, if it's possible to maybe ride to the RTE destination via those roads that would be great.

I want to spend time with family so other than the RTE day, won't have too much "me" time on this trip.

But I look forward to meeting you on that "stone gray" machine either way!

Steve
That works.

I could map you out a good back road trip and met you at some point going to the RTE. Might make a long day, but hey we

ride FJRs. Sure beats riding I-75 from Naples up through Tampa and over to central Florida.

Since I heard they were at Lewisburg during EOM, I checked out the MSTA website today curious to see what they were about.

So I see they have a RTE planned to "Pahokee Mo's Tiki Bar and Sunset Grill" on Oct. 24, 12-2pm. It's in, well, Pahokee.

Anybody chime in on tagging along for this RTE? Good, bad, not worth the trip?

This group does many regional rides…

I have done some rides with the group you speak of. Pahokee is a local town that is situated around Lake Okeechobee. Lots of sugar cane fields and gators in the area.

Let me know what you decide on, if I am not working, I am always up for the ride.

Last edited by a moderator:
Pahokee is about 10 miles from me. The restaurant has a neat location, not sure about the food. I have not been there in awhile.

The ride around the lake is interesting. I know a couple decent roads in the area.

Just finished talking over my vacation plans while visiting my parents, brother and his family. Way too much stuff they have planned for me to consider taking off for a days ride.

The take-away is I need to graciously bow out of meeting up with you Flatistanians on a RTE. At least for this go around.

I do appreciate everyones suggestions and input!

Totally understand family commitments, enjoy your time with them. ;)

Of course, us locals could still do this. Marie has a conference that weekend, so she won't be able to make it, but I don't. If there's still interest, post up. 2 weeks away! 😎

I think we should choose from one of these 3 options.

A:Cowpoke's Watering Hole, Sebring...easiest to find

B:Dock 633, Lake Placid...on a lake

C:18 East, Avon Park...smaller, more intimate

All 3 get great reviews.

Avon Park is about equal distance from Mims and WPB, with Sebring being about 10 miles south of AP, and Lake Placid being about 25 miles south of AP.

So, A,B, or C?

Last edited by a moderator:
rolleyes.gif
Liking the sound of this.

May see you guys next week at AIMExpo.

Vic, you rascal. You know I have to get with you, can't resist!!

rolleyes.gif
rolleyes.gif
rolleyes.gif