Any discussion of the NAFO location in 2018?

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Some of these comments make me think some people don't know what the 50th state really is. And they're mistaking it for the 49th state

I Did not realize that. Thanks.

I vote northwest - think 50th state
That would be far west.
California is as far West as I am going. I am NOT riding my FJR to Hawaii.

Some of these comments make me think some people don't know what the 50th state really is. And they're mistaking it for the 49th state

Just so there's no further confusion https://www.history.com/this-day-in-history/hawaii-becomes-50th-state
rolleyes.gif
I submit to the jury that some of us knew that Hawaii was the 50th state earlier in this thread. And I repeat, I am NOT riding my FJR to Hawaii. The shipping costs would be outrageous.

Make America Mexico Again!!!! I vote for Acapulco, Tijuana, Cuidad Victoria and Cuidad Obregon. Wonderful cities, just like the south side of Chiraq minus Lake Michigan.

Well - I am nothing if not humble.

I did think that Alaska was the 50th State. My right left brain-ness (there I go again!!!!!) didn't allow for much attention to geography and history in school. I'm playing catch up now, and admittedly, at times I stick my foot in my mouth. Besides, that was decades ago. I can't remember what I had for breakfast yesterday.

I wasn't riding to Hawaii either. And it is south west of me - I did elude to that during my moment of ignorance last night.

Anchorage is only about 4700 miles from home. It didn't seem that far in the plane. Yeah - that's not going to happen in 2018 for Pants.

So.... tell me about ..... Wyoming? Jackson Hole, Grand Teton, Yellowstone......

(I checked the map - these places are ACTUALLY in Wyoming!!! - Go Pants! Go Pants! Go Pants!!!!)

Last edited by a moderator:
I think it might be NERDS time to host NAFO. Otherwise, it might be time to the WFO group to get active again and host their second NAFO...Reno was a blast...although gas was about $5/gal in Kalifornia that year.

NAFO5 was a great experience. The hotel was outstanding. It was also nothing extravagant. That isn't needed. Just a place for all these fine folks to get together. That is what makes these events a blast.

NAFO6? If someone wants to step up and organize it would be great. It is a lot of work even if it is kept simple.

2008 WFO - Golden, CO
2010 EOM Knoxville, TN
2012 CFR Castlegar, BC
2014 CFO La Crosse, WI
2016 SWFOG Montrose, CO

2018? SFO maybe? (Arkansas?)

Merely a suggestion. If someone wants to take the reins I will help where I can. No matter where it is, I am.......

IN!!!

I think it might be NERDS time to host NAFO. Otherwise, it might be time to the WFO group to get active again and host their second NAFO...Reno was a blast...although gas was about $5/gal in Kalifornia that year.
I don't know "whose time" it is...but hopefully someone will step up. I know it ain't me...too much fokkin' work it looks like. Sounds like the SWFokkers and Midwest Auxiliary did a fine job this year...Kudos!

I don't know "whose time" it is...but hopefully someone will step up. I know it ain't me...too much fokkin' work it looks like. Sounds like the SWFokkers and Midwest Auxiliary did a fine job this year...Kudos!
Like Wheatie said, I'm not sure it's about "whose turn" it is but rather who wants to do the job, and it can be a job.

Frankly, I stepped in for this year because of Don's way too over the top excuse for getting out of doing the work and AJ is basically a simpleton. JSNS.

Putting these shindigs on is all about how elaborate you want to make it. We kept it basic and got lucky with a location that was well placed, very accommodating, had meeting space, the ability to cater without a third party, booze available, outdoor hang out space, other food choices nearby, grocery store, and a dealership for tires/repairs/parts.That's hard enough to find, now negotiate a rate that's reasonable (a very subjective term),

Then decide if you want "swag" (that's a full time time in itself - just think about calling people up and asking them for free stuff - Bob/Intech worked hard).

Do you want rally shirts? Find a vendor who can do the job well and don't forget to offer a female version of the shirt (for the love of god, don't forget that).

Then figure out how you're going to collect the $$ and pay all the bills.

It's not a small undertaking, but it IS really nice to see a bunch of cool people get together and have a good time.

Oh, one more thing... ask for help. People are willing to help.

Frankly, I stepped in for this year because of Don's way too over the top excuse for getting out of doing the work and AJ is basically a simpleton. JSNS.

Do you want rally shirts? Find a vendor who can do the job well and don't forget to offer a female version of the shirt (for the love of god, don't forget that).
So was Zilla happy with his shirt? Did it fit?
smile.png

I see what you're doing there - maybe we need to check the stats between Detroit and Chicago. I mean, Detroit is safe enough now that I only carry a single backup magazine...

Detroit? would make for some interesting rides.
Chicago is only for "expert" riders....

So was Zilla happy with his shirt? Did it fit?
smile.png

He had to pay the tent maker extra for elastic panels...

Well if it is decided on Arkansas I'd be more than happy to help. I'm 150 miles from all the fun stuff over there. The Ozark national forest is one of my most favorite places to Motorcycle camp. There's always BRANSON MISSOURI too!

Yeah... NAFO at NERDS = NFW. (figure it out)

We barely got an (ultra low key) event going again this year after two years hiatus of no meets. Not for lack of the venue, or the area riding opportunities, or attendance participation. But rather for a lack of willing leadership.

I take full responsibility for being a slacker. But I have excuses. Lots of excuses.

Last edited by a moderator: