Any Feejeers

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

FJR Bandit

Reaction score
Heading to Deming, NM on the 6th. Looking to meet and ride with some of the locals. Anyone here from the area that is willing to show me some of your local roads?

Drop my a PM or EM.

TIA

FJR Bandit

Hey Bandit you can't go wrong by heading north on 180 through Silver City then continuing on to Datil. Make a right (east) on 60 to the Very Large Array (think of the movie "Contact"). Or you could take 191 up the Arizona-New Mexico border which is a very nice twisty ride. Or you could go north out of Silver City on 15 to the Gila Cliff Dwellings. The road south to Columbus is not a very pretty ride. How does a south Texas boy know all this. I rode the 2001 and 2002 Land of Enchantment rallies. Swore to go back when I wasn't in so much of a hurry :D

Last edited by a moderator:
DeWayne,

Thanks for the info. :good: I will be taking my mapping program with me to look up those roads.

On another note, what is the web site that you got your gear from?

FJR Bandit

Bandit,

I am building in Las Cruces...about one hour away....I will be out there from Oct 12th thru the 17th...will you still be out there? The Silver City route suggested is a nice one. If you are headed east at all you might try 70 from Las Cruces across White Sands to Alamagordo and then to Cloudcroft...a neat little city on a mountaintop. Ride safe and let me know if you will still be around. Ron

Ron,

I'll be in Deming till mid November. I don't know what days off i'll have but we'll have to get together for a ride.

FJR Bandit

Dave, I get some of my gear from www.newenough.com and www.motorcyclecloseouts.com

good folks and great prices.

SS,

I would be willing to head north for a day trip. Or a over nighter, if I had a place to stay. I will be paying for a room down in Deming and don't like the idea of paying for two for the same night. :angry:

I'll drop you a line when I know what days I'll have free.

FJR Bandit

Latest posts