Any FJRs headed for Deals Gap?

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If anybody from the forum is going to be there by chance I'd like to get together.

Thanks,

Josh
Myself and Rockmurf are heading up Oct 1st for a couple of days. From what I hear the leaves have started falling so be careful on some of the less traveled roads.

If anybody from the forum is going to be there by chance I'd like to get together.

Thanks,

Josh
Myself and Rockmurf are heading up Oct 1st for a couple of days. From what I hear the leaves have started falling so be careful on some of the less traveled roads.
Be careful on all of the roads - mostly from the tourists looking out their car windows at all the pretty colors. The BRP turns into a parking lot this time of year.

Sorry - I grew up in the northeast, so fall foliage just means more raking to me.

We won't be anywhere near the Boring Ridge Parkway. And we don't plan on hitting Deals Gap until Monday to avoid the weekend traffic.

But thanks for the heads up. We were up last September before the leaves really changed colors so it wasn't bad at all. I'm hoping this trip will be the same.

Too bad I just got back on Sunday. The most fun you can have with your clothes on. Not many leaves on the dragon while I was there but they were starting to fall on the BRP. Probably will be touch and go for your trip. Have fun but be carefull. B)

I'd expect to see a lot of FJR's on the Dragon this coming weekend... 23 thru 26

Hope you had fun on your trip.

Last edited by a moderator:
I could probably be there 10/15 which is a Friday. Fridays are much better than the weekends. Send me a PM with your plans or a direct e-mail to me. [email protected]

Make sure you ride some of the other great roads in the area while you are there. Check out 28 and the Cherohala Skyway for some great fun.

I could probably be there 10/15 which is a Friday. Fridays are much better than the weekends. Send me a PM with your plans or a direct e-mail to me. [email protected]

Make sure you ride some of the other great roads in the area while you are there. Check out 28 and the Cherohala Skyway for some great fun.
Cool, thanks for the head's up. We will be riding down from Virginia on Wednesday 10/13...all 500 miles of it. Staying at the Deals Gap Motorcycle Resort (and spa?...NOT). We'll be leaving Saturday probably noonish to take a slower trip back to get home on Sunday before noon.

Soooooooo, yeah, I'll send you an email with my cell number. We'll figure it out from there...

My trip is in a week so I thought I'd get this topic back to the top of the heap.

Anybody, anybody, Bueller?

Pack some warm clothes. It's getting chilly up there. Read my ride report.

We found some nice roads that I hadn't been on before.

Pack some warm clothes. It's getting chilly up there. Read my ride report.

We found some nice roads that I hadn't been on before.

S/B nice! Mid 50's - 60's highs as usual. Link just shows rain or bad weather percentages. Past trips have always been close! Sat. might be iffy, but I'm thinkin good thoughts! Lows are steadily warming!

https://www.dryday.com/united-states/north-carolina/graham-county/robbinsville-30-day-weather-forecast/

https://forecast.weather.gov/MapClick.php?CityName=Robbinsville&state=NC&site=GSP&textField1=35.3228&textField2=-83.8069&e=0

Last edited by a moderator:
If it's my day off.... I'll be there.
I was going until I read that.. Needless to say I won't be making it now :fie:

I'm pretty sure he's still pissed at me an' Bikergeek for consensual "relations" with some of his sheep..

Dood, they said they were "of age".. Honest ;)

:jester:

If it's my day off.... I'll be there.
I was going until I read that.. Needless to say I won't be making it now :fie:

I'm pretty sure he's still pissed at me an' Bikergeek for consensual "relations" with some of his sheep..

Dood, they said they were "of age".. Honest ;)

:jester:
And we thought you were just "helping those sheep over the fence". :yahoo:

If the weather holds out I still have plans to be up that way and will see who else I can get to come out. Usually ride the Skyway West to East toward Deals Gap.

If the weather holds out I still have plans to be up that way and will see who else I can get to come out. Usually ride the Skyway West to East toward Deals Gap.
We go east to west towards Tellico Plains. Look for my '03 with GIVI 52 Sat! Sun. is Knoxville day to see friends. Monday is still open.