Any must rides in the Tampa area

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rcpd807

Reaction score
I arrived in Tampa, FL this evening after completing my first ever Iron Butt ride. Is there area or road that I absolutely must ride while in this area? No more than a 6 or 7 hour round trip from Tampa.

Thanks in advance

I arrived in Tampa, FL this evening after completing my first ever Iron Butt ride. Is there area or road that I absolutely must ride while in this area? No more than a 6 or 7 hour round trip from Tampa.
Thanks in advance
Welcome to the land of flat and straight roads!! Seriously, there are some decent roads in the area, but there tend to be alot of straights between them. Here are some of my favorites....

-Ozello Trail. Crystal River, FL. That's a pretty curvy road but get there early to beat the traffic.

Here is a route north of Tampa that I ride alot.

Start at the corner of Hwy 54 and Hwy 41

North Hwy 41

RIGHT Ehren's Cutoff.....RIGHT Hwy 52

LEFT Bellamy Brothers Blvd

RIGHT Powell Rd

LEFT Spring Lake Hwy

Stop at Hess on Corner of 98/50 and Spring Lake Hwy (This is where everybody meets)

Cross 98/50 onto Mondon Hill Rd

RIGHT Weatherly Rd......RIGHT Croom Rd

LEFT Dempsey Rd......RIGHT Lake Lindsey Rd

LEFT Lingle Rd.....RIGHT E Floral Park Dr

RIGHT E Bushnell Rd.....LEFT E-Trails End Rd (You are now entering Fish camp which is a subdivision)

Very easy to get turned around

LEFT S. Withlapopka Dr......

Work your way out to E Gobbler Rd which hit's Hwy 41

LEFT Hwy 41......RIGHT E Stage Coach Trail

LEFT S Pleasant Grove Rd.....RIGHT Lake Lindsey Rd

Cross Hwy 98

LEFT Curtis Way.......LEFT Fort Dade Ave

That's pretty much the loop I do. But sometimes we head way up to Ozello Trail which is really nice but real far up.

And there are a bunch of different routes you can take after Ehren's cutoff.

Example.... after turning right onto Hyw 52

Go Under I-75.... Turn Left just pass the Gas Station onto Pasco Rd

Follow to Scharber Rd.... Turn left on Scharber Rd

Follow to Lake Iola Rd which has a nice sweeper around the lake

Turn Right at Blanton Rd.....LEFT Trilby Rd

LEFT 98 to Hwy 50....Hwy 50 to Mondon Hilld Rd and Turn right then do the northern part of the route above

Thanks in advance
man! you really know how to limit a riding tip. within those limitations, take a fishing charter. other than that, head up to Suches, GA and enjoy the riding up there.