Any Other Flattrack Fans Here?

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Y

YamaHappe

I think I spotted one other FJR at Springfield on Memorial day weekend. I usually go to Peoria and DuQuoin too, all easy riding distance for me. Anyone else like to watch 'em get sideways?

Flattrack, I’ll tell ya about Flat Tack. Powering in to the turn on a Yamaha Ascot Scrambler, Two Stroke Twin, Expansion Chambers straight to stingers, Power band like a light switch. Steel shoe skimmin’ the dirt. Weight transferring to your left leg as the rear tire starts lookin’ for traction and that right hand grip moving back to your lap, Brakes? What Brakes. Hangin’ on. Who’s that bumpin’ me. Throttle, back off, throttle, Slip, slide, through the corner.. light it up .. relief. Only 49 more corners to go and maybe I can get into the main.

Some great stuff out there. Some great stuff in the past. Houston, Ascot, and any Mile track. Where are you getting your Race information from? Is there a Magazine that covers this now? Cycle News? A local MotoCross Track just bladed in a ½ mile flat track thought I could resurrect one of my old rides or convert something, but I don’t have a source of information on what current equipment looks like. Are they racing Vintage Stuff? Bultaco Astros, Re Framed Yamaha 2 strokes, or ?

Have you seen some of the Street Trackers they are building? A neat way to recapture the glory of the sport. 650 Yamahas in Molly Graphics, Triumphs stripped to the essentials and Harleys in their orange and black livery.

Was that Gene Romaro in the Superman Leathers that just walked by? Where did the Honda RS-750s go?

You are on the wrong forum. The guys here don't like flat racks. They prefer racks that require a "C" cup or larger. :haha: And "yes," And , yes Mr. Yamahappe they do enjoy seeing them "sideways." Or any other ways for that matter.

Last edited by a moderator:
I think I spotted one other FJR at Springfield on Memorial day weekend. I usually go to Peoria and DuQuoin too, all easy riding distance for me. Anyone else like to watch 'em get sideways?
You betcha................The wife and I went to Peoria and the Labor Day Springfield Mile last year. We will be going to Peoria Sunday but won't be able to make Springfield this year. DuQuoin is a possibility but it's a long way from Chicago.

Joe