any tall fjr riders out there over 6'2''

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
No problems at 6 foot 3 and 230 with 34" inseam. I have used the same sargent seat on both my 08 & 14 FJR's. MY first FJR an 05 I used the stock seat. No real problems with the stock seat but I like the Sargent more for long days. A Laminar Lip also helps with turbulence over the stock windshield for taller guys.

Not that you have not received your answer but my significant other is close enough to your question and is comfortable on both FJR and GSXR stock. Although GSXR is commute and in town use.

I'm 6'5" and have no trouble on full day or weekend rides. I just bought a RDL from a forum member here... should receive that next week with any luck. I had been riding with a cushion on my seat for years. The extra height was nice. One of the biggest things that helped was adding riding pegs. It's not a huge difference but I can change my seating position just enough that longer rides are no big deal.

I'm 6'3", about 240 lbs and I ride an '07. The seat and handlebars are stock. Can ride for hours at a time on the bike, with seat in either high or low position, and I'm perfectly comfortable.

It seems pretty obvious....the FJR1300 is NOT a good motorcycle choice for anyone over 5'10".

Damn POS platform. :(

I am pretty comfortable stock (6'4" 32" inseam, 300lbs.) Looking at bar risers. Worried about lowered footpegs dragging.

Passenger is 5'9" and average build. She is a little cramped back there. Will try lowering the pegs for her and find a way to slide the box back a little.

6'3" 34" inseam 185 lbs, stock seat and windshield on my '06, knocked out a Bun Burner Gold this summer no problem.

Sorry to restore such an old topic but since I’m in the market once again for an FJR I figured I’d put in my .02 cents.  I owned both an 07 and 08 in the past and found with some bar risers and the seat in the high position that it was actually quite comfy.   Like I said I think I’m leaving BMW and coming back to an FJR.  Hard to beat the reliability and dealer network of the Yamaha.  I honestly loved the BMW but my closest dealer is 120 miles and it’s a dealership I’d rather not deal with and they seem to need to go to the dealer way more than my Yamaha ever did.  But they are a pretty and nice riding bike for sure.  

It is about a $500 investment, but you will be sitting upright and it is very adjustable.