anyone else experienc"wobble" in high speed curves

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
To recap: Having checked/adjusted Tire pressures/condition, steering head bearings, suspension conditon/settings, weight distribution of cargo/rider(s), I am left with - Technique;

I manage the residual wallow by placing most of my weight on the pegs and only lightly resting my butt on the seat, outside leg gripping the tank and moving my body inside and forward thru the turn. Having the weight lower/forward really helps the bike stay on line even if it does wallow around a bit. This also allows me to modify my line if conditions warrant while still remaining comfortbly in control. Works for me...

To recap: Having checked/adjusted Tire pressures/condition, steering head bearings, suspension conditon/settings, weight distribution of cargo/rider(s), I am left with - Technique.
I really, REALLY attempted to avoid this particular post because of the roasting I got the last time I suggested it.

Okay...why not component upgrades?

We don't think twice about putting on better tires, better brake lines, better fork internals and springs, better rear shock...all in the effort of improving a less-than-perfect motorcycle.

So slap on $300 worth of tires...take your bike out of circulation for a week to 10 days and spend $700 on the forks...or pop a grand for a Wilber's or Ohlins' rear shock. Take your pick.

Or how about someone coming up with a steering damper for this sloppy handling beastie. :) Just kidding.

Seriously, short of a Goldwing trike, there are very few motorcycles whose handling aren't ultimately improved with the addition of a steering damper (except those that come with them from the factory)

[SIZE=7pt](lessee -- asbestos underwear in place? Yep)[/SIZE]

Okay, then...[SIZE=10pt]FLAME ON![/SIZE]

torch.jpg

Last edited by a moderator: