Anyone riding to motorcycle show in Houston?

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

FJRSTAR

Fuggin' Just Ride the best sport-tourer on the
Reaction score
I plan to ride to the motorcycle show but not sure if I will go Friday or Saturday.

Anyone in or around Houston have plans to ride up to the show and when?

Progressive sent me an email with a $3 off coupon.

Hope to make it a RideToEat as well.

We are going on Sunday since I am working Fri/Sat. Will you be around on Sunday?

And please tell me what is RideToEat. Let see, I love to ride, and love to eat, so lets combine them. :D

I plan to ride to the motorcycle show but not sure if I will go Friday or Saturday.

I will be leaving from south Louisiana when I get off work at 5:00 today...planning on spending all day there Saturday and test ride as many bikes as possible, then go back Sunday morning to finish up the bikes I couldnt schedule on Saturday. Looks like weather will be cooperative! :)

Just checked out the demo schedule for Houston...I will definitely get in line for a ride on the Vmax, KTM990 Duke, and the Concours14.

CLICKY for Demo Schedule

Last edited by a moderator:
Just checked out the demo schedule for Houston...I will definitely get in line for a ride on the Vmax, KTM990 Duke, and the Concours14.
CLICKY for Demo Schedule

If it's anything like last year, the demo ride schedule will fill up quickly. Make sure to go early and get your name on the list of the things you want to ride. You'll have plenty of time to check out the models and booths while waiting for your turn to come up.

CLICKY for Demo Schedule

If it's anything like last year, the demo ride schedule will fill up quickly. Make sure to go early and get your name on the list of the things you want to ride. You'll have plenty of time to check out the models and booths while waiting for your turn to come up.

I hear ya. Last year I got to ride the Raider, FJR, and the Victory Vision. Tried to get in a couple of more, but the schedules were full up.

We are going on Sunday since I am working Fri/Sat. Will you be around on Sunday?
And please tell me what is RideToEat. Let see, I love to ride, and love to eat, so lets combine them. :D

It looks like I will be there early Saturday morn on the bike. Parking will be easier and maybe closer to the entrance.

We will be there Saturday but will probably cage it.
May see you there early Saturday sometime. Have not been to a show in a few years now. Hope it will be fun and enjoyable.

Hope you enjoy caging it... :p

Scott, about 5 of us are heading out Saturday morning... we'll be eating breakfast at the Classic Cafe on I-45 at 2351 around 8:00, and heading to the show around 9:00 (I think it opens at 9:30).

Had a good time there... got my head measured by some of the Arai folks, I've historically had a hard time finding the right fit in helmets, and now know that I'm an Intermediate Oval, and a Medium to boot (thought I was a large). Tried on a Medium Vector and it fit like a glove. I think I see a new helmet in my future...

Also bought Tpro armor inserts for my pants and jackets. I had intended to buy some for a long while, and originally was going to purchase from a certain vendor, but have had problems with them not delivering items I've paid for... so Johnson Leathers was there, and I got them at a decent price.

Was very surprised that BMW and Harley didn't have representation inside the Reliant center. Harley only had there demo bikes outside, and BMW was nowhere to be seen....! Seemed like a lot less crowded than in past years... economic downturn might be affecting companies and buyers.

I just got back to my room at the Marriott...sipping a beer and relaxing. Had a good day, got to do 7 demo rides, will try for a couple of more in the morning. Crowd was not overy large, but the demo's filled up pretty quick for most of the factories.

Parking lot shot:

parkinglot.jpg

My "pleasantly surprised by this bike" demo ride:

versys.jpg

My "surpisingly un-impressed by this bike" demo:

vmax.jpg

I was a little suprised that the Connie was SO closely matched to the '08 FJR...hard to determine much difference in seating position, power, etc. :

connie14.jpg

This guy was totally off the hook...he had some mad skills! :

wheelie.jpg