Anything I should check or be concerned about?

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

fjr mississippi

Reaction score
Just ran completely over about an 18" tall dog this evening at about 60mph. I heard a platic crunch sound but I don't see and damage to the feejer. Anything with the suspension that I should be concerned about? The bike seems to ride just as it did before the dog.

Last edited by a moderator:
did you run over it's head ??? :unsure:

did you hear a pop ??? that's the dog :rolleyes:

did you hear a scrape ??? that's the Feej :blink:

only thing about hitting a dog at that speed is it can break off your clutch lever... :yahoo:

I love animals, but in a situation where it's me or an animal, I choose me and my pillion. So I don't brake for small animals. I couldn't live with myself if Fido lived and my fiance or some other passer-by was a vegetable because of a crash to avoid Fido.

Alexi

I love animals, but in a situation where it's me or an animal, I choose me and my pillion. So I don't brake for small animals. I couldn't live with myself if Fido lived and my fiance or some other passer-by was a vegetable because of a crash to avoid Fido.
Alexi
I agree. Tragic for the dog, but I place most people I know ahead of the dog's welfare.

You just made it! Had the dog been 20" or you had been doing 65 it would have totally changed things. ;)

In my experience center-punching jack rabbits and other similar sized critters with the front wheel is a non-event. The time I clipped one with my foot I thought I broke it and am fairly sure it would have damaged plastic or fasteners underneath.

A dog is bigger. I'd check by pulling the lower front tupperware and looking around the chin area.

You just made it! Had the dog been 20" or you had been doing 65 it would have totally changed things. ;)

In my experience center-punching jack rabbits and other similar sized critters with the front wheel is a non-event. The time I clipped one with my foot I thought I broke it and am fairly sure it would have damaged plastic or fasteners underneath.

A dog is bigger. I'd check by pulling the lower front tupperware and looking around the chin area.

Hey what's with the redundancy Iggy?

Hey what's with the redundancy Iggy?

Alexi
I agree. Tragic for the dog, but I place most people I know ahead of the dog's welfare.
Except........

Bust, OM............ :lol: :lol:

FIXED IT for ya..........

Latest posts