Appalachian Camp out 2014 ?

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I got some of that action too...

IMG_0611-L.jpg

Me Feej, Bob Feej, plus Steve's Beemer (Bob's bro)

IMG_0597-L.jpg

Pisgah Inn breakfast. Yes Bob, we can see you...
biggrin.png

IMG_0613-L.jpg

The spread at BRMC. It's MUCH MUCH MUCH better now that the kitchen runs....the food is outstanding!

IMG_0609-L.jpg

IMG_0610-L.jpg

IMG_0612-L.jpg

Dang , I'm out.

BRMC is a two day trip, each way, for me.

Honestly, to really enjoy it, I need three.

I'll be down that way third week of June.

Last edited by a moderator:
LONG day trip for me. We slabbed most of it the last time. I remember a stop off 40 where everyone was glad we stopped, because we all were ready fall asleep with boredom! An overnight between here and there would afford the opportunity to ride a LOT of good pavement. Something to consider as an alternative to slab.

LONG day trip for me. We slabbed most of it the last time. I remember a stop off 40 where everyone was glad we stopped, because we all were ready fall asleep with boredom! An overnight between here and there would afford the opportunity to ride a LOT of good pavement. Something to consider as an alternative to slab.
We could spend the night at the Alleghany Inn and ride the BRP down to 276

https://www.alleghanyinn.com/

I'm positive that there are other good roads in this area too as opposed to riding the BRP, again. I'd definitely consider this trip... but I'm not so down about riding the BRP again... although it is different @ 70 mph.

If we stayed north of Sparta (Thats where Alleghany Inn is) we could ride through 58 & Shady Valley on the way out. Much more interesting twisty-wise than the BRP.