Approaching 26k service in NH

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

NHredliner

Reaction score
It will be time for my 26k service and I am wondering if anyone could recommend a good place to get it done in NH. I am hopeful that I can show up early and have the service completed in one day. I am way up north and we only have one dealer which is about 35 mi. from my home and they are pretty much only selling and servicing atv's and side by sides. They said they will do the service but I would prefer to go where someone routinely works on FJR's. I am expecting to pay at least $600.

Two years ago I bought the bike from the original owner with 5,000 miles on it and I have done oil changes every 5k with Rotella T6 and Mobil 1 filters. Other than that and lots of tires nothing else has been needed. When I went to the local dealer they after buying the bike they laughed and said you don't need anything and to bring it back in a few years.

Any advice would be appreciated.

I can't help ya with a dealer, but I'll comment that ideally, a valve check should be done on a room temperature engine. Depending on the skill of the shop you choose, figure about 3.5 to 5 hours to do the job (depending if an adjustment is needed or just a check).

I know it is a ways for you, but I take mine to Reynolds in Buxton Maine (the Rochester dealer is across the street from my work) A couple of coworkers have hade work done on their stuff(non fjr) at HK powersports in Laconia and not had good results.