Are there any female FJR owners?

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Look under the bike and see if there is a hose hanging down.
It's a boy! Wait a minute, I'm riding a guy? Well, prison sex rules state that only the one being ridden is gay, not the rider. So, my bike is gay? Oh well whatever nevermind.

Look under the bike and see if there is a hose hanging down.
It's a boy! Wait a minute, I'm riding a guy? Well, prison sex rules state that only the one being ridden is gay, not the rider. So, my bike is gay? Oh well whatever nevermind.
Some of 'em must be gay, Rad calls his Frank doesn't he ! :D

FJRCHIK checkin in! I could go on and on and on about how much I love the FJR. Sexy, athletic, sturdy and powerful. What more could a female rider want!!

I have been riding for 5 years now. My first bike was a brand new 01 Kawasaki ZR-7S. Kept it for over 3 years and only put on 3500 miles. It hindsight, that bike sucked. But most do when comparing to the FJR. I found a used 03 FJR at DFW Honda in August of 04 and bought it. Best decision I ever made. Changed my life! Kept that one til Thanksgiving 05 and am now waitin for the new one.

I, too like herfjr, have to be careful of parking. My riding buddy Ryan is my reverse! Been stuck a coupla times. But I have done pretty well other than that and my confidence has really grown with this bike. I ride it like a sportbike when alone and like a tourer when with others. Ryan and I put alot of farkles on it, the best one being the J&M system. I will definitely be doing that again. And GPS is on my short add-on list for the new one.

Now that I am without him, I see what a big part of my life he is. Too bad finding a husband isn't this easy! Cause I am ready to travel!!!

There must be single guys here willing to be your next riding buddy, ready to help you park your bike if you need alittle help. what part of the country are you?

I'm in Fort Worth, TX.

There's some threads goin under Texas about gettin a DFW group together. I'm really lookin forward to that. Been waiting and am tired of riding with the Honda ST guys! Yeah I'm slowing building my social life here. Moved here from Minnesota and it's been interesting to say the least! Lots of squids here so finding quality is taking time.

lol, wish you luck, however there are alot of cowboys to meet while you live there. I used to live in the colony up by lewisville. Lived in Tx for over 3 years, it was just too hot and humid. I would only visit tx if I were to ride and visit, so we might as well invite you and everyone in tx to come out to southern california cause we have real beaches here (smile). Also, have you taken your trips to the gulf of mexico on your fjr?

I LOVE SO CAL!!!! I was in Pasadena in October for my brother's wedding. Fell in love and would trade-in TX in a heartbeat. I got to make it to Santa Monica and take the PCH up through Malibu. Totally beautiful. I really want to get to Reno cause I have relatives there but will prolly fly and not ride. But riding Tahoe and PCH to Carmel are 2 of my biggest riding goals.

The humidity is alot better here than Minnesota. yeah, believe it, it can be very bad there. then there's the mosquitos.

anyways, i have rode down to Kerrville and around that area in Sept. 04 on my first fjr. it was great once we got there and rested overnight. must get a custom seat though cause i was dyin on the way there and back. gel pads just aren't enough. So haven't been to the gulf yet on the bike. went to padre on plane. wasn't impressed after having been to the FL keys. so that's not really on my radar anymore. Have been to Houston but not past it to the coast. I've never heard anything good about Galveston so where would u recommend?

Hey, I'm a woman, hear me roar! :p Anyway, I own an '05 FJR, bought it as a divorce gift for myself. I also own an '03 Royal Star Venture which I'm considering selling at this point. I always laugh when I hear people complaining about how heavy the FJR is, compared to the Venture, it's a featherweight! I'm recently diagnoised with hip arthritis and the FJR is just much more comfortable to ride with my feet under then me rather than stretched out in front cruiser style on the Venture. I'm 5'8" with a 33" inseam but still have to tippytoe around on both bikes. The Venture may sit lower but the seat is much wider making it feel taller. I always figured you only need to plant one foot on the ground to keep upright anyway. I traveled solo for many years even when married so I learned quickly how to avoid parking in places where I might need help getting out. Longest trip alone was 17 days, 7000 miles from western New York to Seattle Washington, down the coast to NO CAL, down into NV, NM, then home via CO, NB, etc. What memories!

In the past I have owned a '82 Maxim 750 (was on the road for 18 yrs, still sits in my garage with 122,000+ miles on it), an '87 Venture Royale and an '02 Road Star Silverado. I love my Yamahas, even have the Yamaha logo tattooed on me.

Hey, I'm a woman, hear me roar!  :p Anyway, I own an '05 FJR, bought it as a divorce gift for myself. I also own an '03 Royal Star Venture which I'm considering selling at this point. I always laugh when I hear people complaining about how heavy the FJR is, compared to the Venture, it's a featherweight! I'm recently diagnoised with hip arthritis and the FJR is just much more comfortable to ride with my feet under then me rather than stretched out in front cruiser style on the Venture. I'm 5'8" with a 33" inseam but still have to tippytoe around on both bikes. The Venture may sit lower but the seat is much wider making it feel taller. I always figured you only need to plant one foot on the ground to keep upright anyway. I traveled solo for many years even when married so I learned quickly how to avoid parking in places where I might need help getting out. Longest trip alone was 17 days, 7000 miles from western New York to Seattle Washington, down the coast to NO CAL, down into NV, NM, then home via CO, NB, etc. What memories!
In the past I have owned a '82 Maxim 750 (was on the road for 18 yrs, still sits in my garage with 122,000+ miles on it), an '87 Venture Royale and an '02 Road Star Silverado. I love my Yamahas, even have the Yamaha logo tattooed on me.
Kewl,,,,what kind of man in his right mind might would of ever let you get away? I'd luve to have a wife I had something in common with..........like riding our FJRs together! Thats almost more than I can comprehend....

You sound like a very neat chick,,,,,you don't play golf too by any chance?

I LOVE SO CAL!!!! I was in Pasadena in October for my brother's wedding. Fell in love and would trade-in TX in a heartbeat. I got to make it to Santa Monica and take the PCH up through Malibu. Totally beautiful. I really want to get to Reno cause I have relatives there but will prolly fly and not ride. But riding Tahoe and PCH to Carmel are 2 of my biggest riding goals.
The humidity is alot better here than Minnesota. yeah, believe it, it can be very bad there. then there's the mosquitos.

anyways, i have rode down to Kerrville and around that area in Sept. 04 on my first fjr. it was great once we got there and rested overnight. must get a custom seat though cause i was dyin on the way there and back. gel pads just aren't enough. So haven't been to the gulf yet on the bike. went to padre on plane. wasn't impressed after having been to the FL keys. so that's not really on my radar anymore. Have been to Houston but not past it to the coast. I've never heard anything good about Galveston so where would u recommend?
Anything south of Fort Worth is just too unexciting, and I've been to galveston and wasn't impress and the mosquitos was just horrible. If I were to ride in texas, I would ride north up into oklahoma, because of the nicer rolling hills, or west into NM where I'm sure you know there are tons of beautiful roads to see.

Besides riding the 2 dream routes you mentioned, I'd like to ride some of colorado mountains, possible the backside of Aspen, and NM and take a ride to some the cave sites.

As far as your seat, I wouldn't ride with a gel seat, anything with memory foam would be the best solution because of the vibration characteristics it reduces and less fatigue on the twins.

Anything south of Fort Worth is just too unexciting, .......
You, my friend must have just made the trip to Galveston and nothting else. SouthWest of DFW can be pretty interesting if you know where to look and as you get down toward Fredericksberg and Kerrville in the heart of the hill country there are many good roads and scenic rides.

Ya have to get off the Interstate dude.

:D :D :D

Regarding women FJR owners, I appreciate their posts as it often brings another perspective to the table. My wife doesn't operate a bike, but she is starting to ride with me on a few rare occasions as the kids get older.

BTW, some of the guys posts above are embarrassing to read :cownoy:

Can you say C...L...U...M...S...Y?

Anything south of Fort Worth is just too unexciting, .......
You, my friend must have just made the trip to Galveston and nothting else. SouthWest of DFW can be pretty interesting if you know where to look and as you get down toward Fredericksberg and Kerrville in the heart of the hill country there are many good roads and scenic rides.

Ya have to get off the Interstate dude.

:D :D :D
you are absolutly right about kerrville recalling it now. i did stay at a home there when i did a tour with my band back in the days. so yes that area is very pretty and yea most of the boring routes were on the interstate.

I'm in Fort Worth, TX.
There's some threads goin under Texas about gettin a DFW group together. I'm really lookin forward to that. Been waiting and am tired of riding with the Honda ST guys! Yeah I'm slowing building my social life here. Moved here from Minnesota and it's been interesting to say the least! Lots of squids here so finding quality is taking time.
My older brother lives in Fort Worth, TX, Everman to be exact, and I was hoping to ride out to see him later this year. Maybe you can show me some good local roads if you have your '06 by then. My brother doesn't have a bike at the moment, which is odd, but he's been talking about getting another. I think he wants a Triumph Daytona 955 but I've been telling him how great the Yamaha is. Are there any good roads up around the Denton area?

I have never used this quote before but here goes.
***** THIS THREAD IS WORTHLESS WITHOUT PICTURES!!! **** :D
Here you go...with her RT somewhere in New Mexico or Colorado.

24576280-L.jpg

I havent read one post by any female FJR owners, no impressions, no reviews, nada.  It would be interesting to hear thier experiences and comparisons from the bikes they had to the FJR.
Here is Carla From So. Cal. following behind her is the famous Two Wheel Nut

And guys she can ride the Fjr very well, and she does like to go fast :D

carla.jpg

Jdog

Summa yew guyz needs ta goe en reed thee sexyooall harassment thread. Sheesh, whatever happend to chivalry and being a gentleman? Clever, yeah, hooboy, you betcha, clever!?!?!? Or is that, "Sly", as in, "You sly dog, you!" <_<

@FJRchik, from reading some of Bounce's ride reports, he has found some interesting roads, and IIRC, he's in the DFW area.

Last edited by a moderator: