Arkansas ride planning help?

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Jumping in with some quick input here -

The day1 route has you exiting the Talimena drive half way through. OK-1 turns into AR88 when you cross the state line. Stay on the scenic drive; it drops you right into the west side of Mena.

At the grocery/gas station in Clayton I asked which restaurant in town was the best place to eat. They sent us to Talihina. :huh: Ended up at Pam's Diner, which was decent enough.

Had one little mishap on the Talimena Trail when a friend of mine went into a turn a little hot and ended up in the grass with a broken collar bone. Fortunately he was able to ride his bike the 30+ miles into Mena where we sedated him with vodka. His daughter drove his truck through the night on Friday to mena. We loaded him and his bike on the truck Saturday morning and continued the trip without him.

Route Map (w/ photos):

https://www.mikesrides.com/rides/arkansas.html

Last edited by a moderator:
bk000, to bad about the mishap of one of your riders. I think we passed you guys going the other direction just west of Belleville,AR on hwy 10. Maybe you can remember seeing us....I was wearing a high viz yellow helmet and jacket, leading our group.

Last edited by a moderator:
Sorry to hear about the mishap. Hope your friend recovers quickly.

I made it up on there on Saturday, but it was after 2PM before I got onto the Talimena. Plenty of traffic and groups of cruisers riding parade pace. I'm not much of a hotshoe, but it was frustrating none the less. Much more fun Sunday AM with no traffic and the clear blue skies.

bk000, to bad about the mishap of one of your riders. I think we passed you guys going the other direction just west of Belleville,AR on hwy 10. Maybe you can remember seeing us....I was wearing a high viz yellow helmet and jacket, leading our group.
There were so many bikes on the road...you'd have to have a big flashing neon sign with the word "petey" on it...