• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to FJRForum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

Audiovox cruise control with installation service, all years

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Smitty did an Audiovox install for me on 6/26. What more can I say that hasn't already been said?

The install took about 2.75 hours. Smitty is very particular about his work and does a very prossional job with wiring and mounting.

I couple of things that stuck out for me:

• I'm jealous of his garage. Big time.
He will not be buying a stuffed animal for his Goldwing trunk.

Be careful around his pet mongoose - that thing is vicious!

Thanks again Smitty!

Smitty installed the cruise on my bike this weekend. Thank You Smitty! I am amazed at the perfection he put in to this job. Everything that was added looks as if it was manufactured on the bike. And it works great thanks to all the hard work a lot of guys on this forum has put into it. Thanks! :clapping: :clapping: :clapping: :clapping:

FJR installs.. $310. for 2003-2006 FJR's A models. If you have a 06 A model and want it under the tank it will be the same price as a AE model.The cost is $365. for a AE model.

Anyone wanting a cruise installed on 2003-2006 models let me know. I can do it two ways...

These prices include ( check valve, wire ties, wire loom and vacuum can).

Install your unit............................... .$185. (includes vacuum can)

Cruise install (includes audiovox unit) $285. (included vacuum can)

My control pad bracket $15.

Relay $10.

I would like to do this but live on the west coast (Reno Nv)... Any one that can do this service or install????? West Coast???

Vacuum can is now included...

I have desided to put them on all bikes I do. Some work fine without, some don't. I just don't want someone from far away to have a issue and I am not close enough to take care of it.

Thanks again, Smitty

PM if interested..... Thanks Smitty :)

I am in the St. Louis Mo. area....

FJR installs.. $310. for 2003-2006 FJR's A models. If you have a 06 A model and want it under the tank it will be the same price as a AE model.The cost is $365. for a AE model.

Anyone wanting a cruise installed on 2003-2006 models let me know. I can do it two ways...

These prices include ( check valve, wire ties, wire loom and vacuum can).

Install your unit............................... .$185. (includes vacuum can)

Cruise install (includes audiovox unit) $285. (included vacuum can)

My control pad bracket $15.

Relay $10.

Vacuum can is now included...

I have desided to put them on all bikes I do. Some work fine without, some don't. I just don't want someone from far away to have a issue and I am not close enough to take care of it.

Thanks again, Smitty

PM if interested..... Thanks Smitty :)

I am in the St. Louis Mo. area....

I would like to know if any one does this on the west coast (Reno Nv)

Smitty come out to the west coast. I will pay you for mine and throw in two nights hotel stay, on the way out, on the way back whatever. PM if your interested. I have points for a large chain and can send you the list.

This is the perfect opportunity to get that Wing on the road.

Come on smitty. West Coasters lets see if we can get smitty several installs lined up so he gets a paid vacation.

Last edited by a moderator:
Smitty come out to the west coast. I will pay you for mine and throw in two nights hotel stay, on the way out, on the way back whatever. PM if your interested. I have points for a large chain and can send you the list.
This is the perfect opportunity to get that Wing on the road.

Come on smitty. West Coasters lets see if we can get smitty several installs lined up so he gets a paid vacation.
Be sure you have enough points for his ferret also. And beware if he brings it, it will bite! That thing is no joke!

Sorry guys, but not enough vacation time this year. You guys are always welcome to ride to Hooterville for a install. :rolleyes:

Thanks for your interest, Smitty

Sorry guys, but not enough vacation time this year. You guys are always welcome to ride to Hooterville for a install. :rolleyes:

Thanks for your interest, Smitty
January is right around the corner. There no weather like california weather in January. We west coasters will keep a tally going to see if we can entice you.

Right now we got two or three.

Hi everyone, since the Gen II problem is solved I will start doing them again. The only thing is that now everyone will need to purchase there cruise unit. The price will be $220. for labor and all parts... less the Audiovox cruise unit. PM if interested. Thanks Smitty
Smitty, you did my 06 audiovox install and it has never worked for more than 10 minutes and now it doesn't work at all. I have tried all the tweaks written here, all to no avail. At one point you offered to refund my money. I never took you up on the offer because you did such a great job installing the system according to the directions. There was just something about some 06's that didn't allow it to work right.

Are you telling me the Gen II fix is going to a McCruise unit now? I would love to have cruise control that works. What kinda retrofit deal can we work? I've looking for an excuse to ride the Ozarks so send me a PM or respond here.

Thanks,

Mike

Hi everyone, since the Gen II problem is solved I will start doing them again. The only thing is that now everyone will need to purchase there cruise unit. The price will be $220. for labor and all parts... less the Audiovox cruise unit. PM if interested. Thanks Smitty
Smitty, you did my 06 audiovox install and it has never worked for more than 10 minutes and now it doesn't work at all. I have tried all the tweaks written here, all to no avail. At one point you offered to refund my money. I never took you up on the offer because you did such a great job installing the system according to the directions. There was just something about some 06's that didn't allow it to work right.

Are you telling me the Gen II fix is going to a McCruise unit now? I would love to have cruise control that works. What kinda retrofit deal can we work? I've looking for an excuse to ride the Ozarks so send me a PM or respond here.

Thanks,

Mike
Mike, a fix was found for second gen bikes. I PMed you me number, give me a call. Thanks Smitty

add me to the im waiting list here in cali,we can get enough lined up you can make some serious cash and go to disneyland to...lol

Thinking about coming up to visit you Smitty. So I need to buy my own unit now and you will install. Install is 220 now and that includes vacuum res. and handlebar mount for the controller? Maybe you should start a new thread on this one. Your original one is getting hosed up.

Thanks Jeff

Thinking about coming up to visit you Smitty. So I need to buy my own unit now and you will install. Install is 220 now and that includes vacuum res. and handlebar mount for the controller? Maybe you should start a new thread on this one. Your original one is getting hosed up. Thanks Jeff

Yes Jeff, $220. you supply the unit. Let me know when your ready. Smitty

So here is my question where do you get the unit? I recall reading it was not being made anymore, that must be wrong. Thanks for the info.
Just ordered one last night from Amazon.com (for Smitty to install for me). $84.95 including free shipping!

Another very satisfied customer of Smitty's most excellent Cruise install service . . .

:clapping: :yahoo: :clapping:

I rode up from Altanta on my way to Iowa. I arranged a 6am appointment this past Saturday and when I arrived Smitty was ready with coffee in hand and had his tools and equipment placed out like a surgeon getting ready for an operation. I wheeled my nearly new 2008 into his massive shop and he got to work. I would bet he could do these installs blind-folded - he was so proficient and carefully skilled in every step he took. Three hours later the bike had been test ridden and I was ready to hit the road.

As has been said many times before on this thread - the man knows what he is doing. It might seem crazy by some to ride 550 miles to meet some guy to tear your brand new bike apart. This thread gave me that confidence and Smitty just backed it up ten-fold with his application. There are so many steps from wire loom, to heat shrink, to soldering, to some key custom parts of the install to know the value of the install is well beyond the very reasonable price charged. It goes without saying - but I highly recommend Smitty for your cruise installs.

I finished my day with a 400 mile ride up to my desitination in Iowa. I likely spent 3/4 of that ride exercising my new cruise control. It worked flawlessly and is definitely my favorite farkle. (At least until I get this rock for a seat replaced :huh: )