AUSSIE POLICE FJR's UPDATE

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Thug

A shy retiring flower in a Thug's exterior
Reaction score
Hey gang

Just finished a just under 3 week trip to Queensland and back to where I live in Victoria (Bairnsdale) around 5312k's all up. Stopped at my mate's place (QLD copper) who has the new FJR so here are some updated pics.

IMG_4049.JPG

Some clearance issues!

IMG_4050.JPG

IMG_4051.JPG

IMG_4052.JPG

IMG_4055.JPG

At least the wear is even on both sides!

IMG_4056.JPG

IMG_4058.JPG

Not much room under the back box!

IMG_4060.JPG

Ever wondered what they keep in the panniers? Crap Crap and more Crap!

IMG_4061.JPG

IMG_4062.JPG

The Business end

IMG_4063.JPG

Isolation switches for the lights and strobes & Intercom

IMG_4064.JPG

Lidar holster box

According to my mate Yamaha Aus is bring out mods to rectify the clearance issues in the turns for obvious reasons.

I made a vid too and will upload to Youtube asap and naturally provide the link when I have done it. First reports the coppers like them better than the BMW's and ST's.

POs:

Power, ABS, general handling, gets there quicker, etc

Cons:

Clearance issues, Larger turning circle

I watched some video my mate had done while on the training days and it was very good to see the FJR scream past the BM's at high speed!

Enjoy!

Last edited by a moderator:
bigger pictures please?

I think I like the whole idea but I need to get my reading glasses to be sure... :unsure:

Last edited by a moderator:
boy...glad we don't have them in the West.......it's hard enough out running the fat ST11/1300's....be tougher on similar machinery (and those boys can ride!).

Nice pics Thug......the friend of yours in Qld...would his name be Steve?

Thug,

Those are some mighty impressive pictures on your Police FJR's. Glad they are not here, I'd rather look at them on your website.

Hope you all are doing well...thanks for sharing.

That mesh netting on the inside of the sidecase lid would be cool to have, as a really easy way to store small items.

Thanks for the pictures. Do they have a headset mic as well as the hand mic for the 2-way radio?

It seems strange that the extra switches are on the throttle side rather than the clutch side.

Thanks for the pictures. Do they have a headset mic as well as the hand mic for the 2-way radio?
It seems strange that the extra switches are on the throttle side rather than the clutch side.
THe selectable strobe switches on the right hand side are operated when the bike is generally stationary depending on where the bike operator is and what they are doing, left grip has a PTT button and they also have helmet intercoms as well.

That mesh netting on the inside of the sidecase lid would be cool to have, as a really easy way to store small items.
Errr, that's just a plain mesh bag, I think.
I took another look and you're probably right, but it's difficult to tell.

I've seen several aftermarket systems for the lids of HD touring bike bags, and IMO if we could have secure netting like that for our FJR sidecase "lids" it'd be really convenient. I'm always getting into the sidecase bag for glasses and other little items that could be kept secure and easily within reach with netting similar to that.