Autocom output quality

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Wade - thanks for the suggestion. It does look like the Mixit-2 would do a great job mixing your audio but has no capability for rider-to-rider communication which is a must. Maybe running the autocom through earbuds and using the mixit-2 w/ installed helmet speakers might be the answer.

Wade - thanks for the suggestion. It does look like the Mixit-2 would do a great job mixing your audio but has no capability for rider-to-rider communication which is a must. Maybe running the autocom through earbuds and using the mixit-2 w/ installed helmet speakers might be the answer.
I also use the mix-it 2. It works better on bike power than battery power but I am happy with its quality. I do not have any Bike to Bike Comm right now so that not an isssue for me. I usev it for garmin / radar / Ipod

Autocom's specs:

"Performance

Power Consumption: standby 20mA, average @ 70mph 70mA, average @ 100mph 100mA,

maximum 150mA with music at elevated volume. Power consumption is reduced when using in-ear speakers in place of standard headset speakers. Power consumption while powering a Kenwood FreeTalk XL (TK-3101) 1000mA.

Power Requirement: 12 volts

Power Management: Reverse Polarity Protection, Thermal Overload Protection

Fidelity: 25Hz-22kHz CD Quality

Impedance: 32 ohms

Sensitivity: 106dB"

I've probably got a bad unit or this looks like a summer road trip to Slingerlands, New York, home of the Autocom. I'm going to call them and ask, "Just how big a boy are you?" (kidding, of course)