Average age of FJR owners

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I LIVE with the fantasy that my lack of intelligence, machismo, wealth and personal hygiene won't interfere with my chances at one of the forum honeys........someday. :p
Uh Buddy-Boy, I have met Barb, Tyler, Mary Ellen, Kitty, Sharon, Heidi, and Kasey in person; and I am absolutely positive they did not have seeing eye dogs with them and were walking with a red/white cane! jes' sayin'
Any of 'em drink alcohol??? There's still a SLIM chance, then. :p
????

You gotta better chance at the morgue, dude!

:D

I'm lucky that I work with a buncha younger guys who I have to keep up with.

Was I really as fast/strong/whatever, as I tell my kids? :blink: They'll never know!

Last edited by a moderator:
I LIVE with the fantasy that my lack of intelligence, machismo, wealth and personal hygiene won't interfere with my chances at one of the forum honeys........someday. :p
Uh Buddy-Boy, I have met Barb, Tyler, Mary Ellen, Kitty, Sharon, Heidi, and Kasey in person; and I am absolutely positive they did not have seeing eye dogs with them and were walking with a red/white cane! jes' sayin'
????

You gotta better chance at the morgue, dude!

:D

I'm lucky that I work with a buncha younger guys who I have to keep up with.

Was I really as fast/strong/whatever, as I tell my kids? :blink: They'll never know!
Point well taken, Checkswrecks!

73 in exactly 30 days.......Started on a 1938 Whizzer in 1952, was kinda nice, just peddle like a bicycle, pull the V belt tensioner which starts the engine and away you go. No electronics, switches, starters or computers to go wrong. Ahh the good old days???

I would say that is about right on the age. HOWEVER, during one ride I ran across a FEEJ owner that was in his mid 20's. WTF? Dude should of been on an R1 or sumthin. Not an "old man's" bike. :rolleyes:
I just bought my 06 in June, and I am...(wait for it)...25 years old haha, my previous bike was a 99 GSX-R 750 I owned for about 4 years.

I'm 25 years old (plus another 5 years, lol) and there's no way I'd ride an R1. I'd love to, believe me... I love the look and sound of the '09+ with the cross plane motor. I wish I could get an FZ1 with that motor. The "perpetual push-up" riding position on a supersport does not appeal to me at all. My dealer has leftover R1's that he'd probably let go for 10 grand, and I have given a lot of thought to having one as a second bike... but the riding position is so uncomfortable I couldn't do the 200-400 mile day rides to my favorite twisty roads that I do on the FJR. My next bike will likely be something in between, probably without bags, since I don't use them nearly as much as I thought I would.

Have been riding motorcycles since I was 18 both street and dirt. Stopped riding in 1989. Bought my FJR in 2007, I am 48. I've been getting shit from the wife about the bike ever since. SHE ONCE SAID TO CHOOSE BETWEEN HER OR THE BIKE! I TOLD HER THAT I'M SURE GOING TO MISS HER!

THIS IS BY FAR THE BEST F---ING BIKE THAT I HAVE EVER OWNED! I LOVE MY FJR AND ALWAYS WILL!

Last edited by a moderator:
Wow!! makes me feel really young, i'm 33 and wife is 32. But at least you guys get to ride, just added a baby to our family and I don't think I have put 500 miles on the bike this year! Last year I put about 10,500 miles on it.

Wow!! makes me feel really young, i'm 33 and wife is 32. But at least you guys get to ride, just added a baby to our family and I don't think I have put 500 miles on the bike this year! Last year I put about 10,500 miles on it.
Babies change your life forever.... lol...

Holler back in 20 years an share....

:)

Babies change your life forever.... lol...

Holler back in 20 years an share....

:)
I don't know if it will be with the FJR but in a couple years we will get back into riding, but it will be with a sidcar so the little one can go along.

Add one to the 20's column. I'm 27, got my FJR about a month ago. Prior bikes include an old suzuki 125 dirt bike I fixed up when I was 17 and an FZR600 I got when I was 18. A 7 year break in there ended I bought the FJR.

I rode trail bikes (that's what we called them back then) when I was a young man (kid) AND LOVED IT then came school, got married......house.....kids........more school.......job....more kids ......wow I'm 44 and have not had a bike in 20+ years! I guess they call it a wake-up call (OK mid-life thing). Started back on bikes with a Ninja 250, then a Ninja 650R (but the first day in the dealership @ 44 I saw an FJR and said WOW some day....yea....some day) now just weeks before I'm 48 and I got one!

Wow; HP, torque, looks, comfort, balance, ABS.......... it's a freaking BULLET TRAIN. Speed, comfort and looks on rails.

I think if they call it a FZT13 or an FT1300R or something sexy the younger riders might buy a few more...........but then insurance would be higher.

:dribble:

Post up a pic & a CV and someone may get back to you ;)

:dribble:

Post up a pic & a CV and someone may get back to you ;)
Haven't you seen my avatar?

And this is the only CV I know about.....

CV%20joint.jpg