Average age of FJR owners

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gazza

Reaction score
Was just sitting here looking on the site thinking what would be the average age of the FJR owner. Could one of you survey guru's run a poll???. I would imagine most owners would be in there late 40's or early 50's but that's aguess mind you. I'm 52yrs.

gazza

Ya know I wuz gonna be rude and suggest a search but....It has been some time and I think shit has changed.

Hey bluenuts? Fire up a poll ..I would, but I'm drinking today and don't wanna spend the time :alcoholic:

:jester:

Searching for this topic is a brain burner because the words "age" and "old" are three letters which this Forum's search engine can't use.

This latest poll is probably as good as any of the age polls we seem to run about once a year, it answers both "how old" and "how long have you been riding" >>POLL<<

Last edited by a moderator:
Was just sitting here looking on the site thinking what would be the average age of the FJR owner. Could one of you survey guru's run a poll???. I would imagine most owners would be in there late 40's or early 50's but that's aguess mind you. I'm 52yrs.gazza
Silly Kiwi, there's the problem, get off your arse and go for a ride!

Google/FJR search engine

I would say that is about right on the age. HOWEVER, during one ride I ran across a FEEJ owner that was in his mid 20's. WTF? Dude should of been on an R1 or sumthin. Not an "old man's" bike. :rolleyes:

I would say that is about right on the age. HOWEVER, during one ride I ran across a FEEJ owner that was in his mid 20's. WTF? Dude should of been on an R1 or sumthin. Not an "old man's" bike. :rolleyes:
When I first heard about the FJR -- Y2K -- I said to a friend: "Damn, I could ride that bike right into old age."

And I have...

Where's my slippers..? :unsure:

Was just sitting here looking on the site thinking what would be the average age of the FJR owner. Could one of you survey guru's run a poll???. I would imagine most owners would be in there late 40's or early 50's but that's aguess mind you. I'm 52yrs.gazza
68 years old here and have been riding FJRs for 5 years.

Can't go for a ride. The wife backed the bloody car into it,and it's in pieces.
Here you are asking about peoples ages and your wife runs over your bike. Are you sure you didn't make any comment about her age. Looks like your incident could be an act of "A Woman's Scorn".

But anyway, I'm 54. Damn I feel older than dirt, but I think Bust really is older than dirt. Our Colorado Pinhead is a young pup.

Mentally 16, physically 54.

I feel for you. My wife's hit the garage limits with both sides of her cars & vans, went through the front wall and hit the garage door, too. She sees nothing wrong with her driving & that there's usually a distraction of something. <_<

The only upside is the steel lolly column between her side of the garage and mine.

Then there was the time my daughter used the Ford Escape to push my Ducati into the garage wall, thinking the car was in reverse,

Came upon FIVE Jeerjers at one single event this past weekend... That's 25% of the ENTIRE Canaidan FJR Rally's Size!!!

It was a cool sight to see so many out to ONE event... Upper Can 400 Rally.. BTW... Mark your 2011 Calendar!! Starting point is in Flambourough - Just West of TO - by about 20 minutes... I took a couple shots of the Black Triplets that were parked together... Pretty Uncommon Ride to see in "packs"...

Being a couple years shy of Fifty seems to be the Ridership from that day at least!!

Scott

Hmm....

Somehow this thread makes me feel like I'm too young to be riding a feejer!

(35 here)

<.<

>.>

during one ride I ran across a FEEJ owner that was in his mid 20's. WTF? Dude should of been on an R1 or sumthin. Not an "old man's" bike. :rolleyes:
What's wrong with that? I'm 28 and got my first FJR when I was 25. My wife does give me a hard time about riding an "old man's bike" though...

You're way off, I'm 350 years old, (Oh wait, that's 50 in human years I guess?) but I sure wish I got one sooner. (Gen I?)

When I had my FZ1, I recall reading about the FJR and the weight of the beast always turned me off. But actually she doesn't feel heavy in motion, and is much more versatile than an FZ1. (My wife/sister really likes the FJR more)

After a couple of lost years on a POS BMW, :angry: it's good to be back home on a low maintenance, reliable (I'm knock'in on wood now) Yamaha. :p