Average age of FJR owners

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Was just sitting here looking on the site thinking what would be the average age of the FJR owner. Could one of you survey guru's run a poll???. I would imagine most owners would be in there late 40's or early 50's but that's aguess mind you. I'm 52yrs.gazza
I'm no good at math, or much else, but I do own a FJR so I took a shot at trying to figure out [SIZE=12pt]my average age[/SIZE]. I took the sum of my ages and divided that by the number of years I've been around and came up with the square root of 1332.25. :yahoo:

Last edited by a moderator:
28, not only do the younger sales guys at work give their boss a hard time about riding an old timer's bike, but so does the wife! Benn riding for 12 years. Never really had much use for a car other than when it gets a little bit icy in Oklahoma! Been selling Yamies for 10 years at this point and I remember when they were first announced to come to the US and you payed for a bike and got an "expected" delivery date! Man those were the days....

33 here

28, not only do the younger sales guys at work give their boss a hard time about riding an old timer's bike, but so does the wife!
Screw the naysayers. If they want to ride an uncomfortable bike, more power to them. Just take them on a 400 mile ride and see who's laughing at the end, and who's looking for the bottle of ibuprofen.

As for your wife... stick her on the back of a sportbike for about 10 minutes. That's all she'll need to know.

Screw the naysayers. If they want to ride an uncomfortable bike, more power to them. Just take them on a 400 mile ride and see who's laughing at the end, and who's looking for the bottle of ibuprofen.
Excellent point.

My kids have some friends with bikes....all riding RickyRacer 1000's. They give me some shit every now and then about riding a bagger. I ask them if they've ever heard of or seen the TV show "Pinks". A couple wanted to take me up on my offer to race for titles. I said "Okay, but I pick the race location."

Then I tell them "We're gonna race to Atlanta and back. Okay?"

No one's taken me up on my offer yet. :evil:

Up and back in 15 hours...they'd be dead from back seizure before they hit the Florida/Georgia line, 4 hours from here.

Excellent point.

My kids have some friends with bikes....all riding RickyRacer 1000's. They give me some shit every now and then about riding a bagger. I ask them if they've ever heard of or seen the TV show "Pinks". A couple wanted to take me up on my offer to race for titles. I said "Okay, but I pick the race location."

Then I tell them "We're gonna race to Atlanta and back. Okay?"

No one's taken me up on my offer yet. :evil:

Up and back in 15 hours...they'd be dead from back seizure before they hit the Florida/Georgia line, 4 hours from here.
Yep.

Apart from true racers, who spend hour upon hour training, practicing, and actual racing - most guys couldn't handle more than a couple hours in those saddles. It's just not made for that.

Then of course there are the real wierdos who mount car tires to MCs. Who the fuk would do sumthing crazy like that? Same kind of dude that would violate a sheep, that's who! :wub:

Guess I’m also in the minority here… 26. I was sick of borrowing my father-in-laws Sportster every time I wanted to go for a ride ‘on the paved road.’ Saw a 05 in Peoria a couple years ago and fell in love. Plan on always having an ‘old man’s bike’ in my lineup.

So far 23% are in the 30-40 range , 50% are in the 45-60 range

38% < 15 years on the street , 46% > 15 years

So at least statistically speaking , so far the FJR is a bike for experienced , mature ( at least in age) Riders .

Greywolf...You cut off your list at age 60. No fair I've seen several posts at 60+. Been riding since 1963, got my old mans bike (FJR) at age 62. Wish I had it back in 1963.

Bill

True to the poll! About to turn 50, and have been riding continually for 20 years!

Got my '05 for fathers day (in '05) and love this machine! I've made few changes, and mostly for safety and/or distance!

I be 59, riding life breaks into 3 distinct riding lives. first being some 40 years ago, took a break for 10 years rode and then another break some 20+ years, and then this riding life which will not have any breaks in between.

Willie

I am 33. Rode street on a Yamaha YZF600R for about 3 years (96-98) in college. Then took a long hiatus, been riding again since Jan 2007. Got an SV650 to get re-acquainted with riding street, still have it and love it (but love the Feej more). I got my FJR in December of 2009. I have had some really good motorcycling mentors the past 3 years. I owe all my good riding qualities to them. The bad habits I picked up myself.

54 In September, starting riding at 11 and haven't been without a bike since then. The FJR for what I am looking for in a bike anymore is a perfect fit, old man bike or no. Jenny and I will be leaving in August for a 5000 mile trip over two weeks. I've never owned another bike I could have even dared to think of doing something like that with solo much less two up.

Last edited by a moderator:
Man...what a bunch of geezers around here.....

ehhhh....just turned 43 with a touch grey and a bit o' scalp showin'

41 here - I got the bike when I was 40 though, so where does that put me in the poll? Wait - I'm all gray haired, so with all you older geezers it is, yep! :lol: