Average age of FJR owners

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
me - 63 - hence my navatar

I think FJR demographics is typical for motorcycles in general these days. Up until the economy crash, bike sales were in a bit of a boom, but the ave buyer age was + 40 and rising. The manufacturers are trying to figure out how to get whipper snappers interested.

My opinion, reasons might be, lack of coolness re small displacement bikes, my first was 100cc, a teenager today wouldn't be seen on one, price of status bikes and at least around here - inurance can run several thousand bucks for a rookie.

I would say that is about right on the age. HOWEVER, during one ride I ran across a FEEJ owner that was in his mid 20's. WTF? Dude should of been on an R1 or sumthin. Not an "old man's" bike. :rolleyes:

Maybe the kid wanted to see the world...and not be a ricky racer wannabe.

When I was 14, I wanted to travel the country...so it wouldn't be unusual to want a bike that can travel the country AND rip around in the twisties...

Was just sitting here looking on the site thinking what would be the average age of the FJR owner. Could one of you survey guru's run a poll???. I would imagine most owners would be in there late 40's or early 50's but that's aguess mind you. I'm 52yrs.gazza

I am 60, although new to the FJR, I have been riding 44 yrs. Just remember " you are only as old as you feel"!

Maybe the kid wanted to see the world...and not be a ricky racer wannabe.
When I was 14, I wanted to travel the country...so it wouldn't be unusual to want a bike that can travel the country AND rip around in the twisties...
THAT'S exactly the reason I bought the FJR just after my 35th birthday. I'm 38 now and coming up on 3 years of very happy ownership. Soon, this will be the longest I have ever owned a bike. I think this one's a keeper.

Sexy 66. :yahoo:

I think I'm getting too old for the FJR so I'm gonna get a BMW. JUST KIDDING! I've got ten more years before I'm old enough for the Beemer.

pete

I'm 54. Riding street bikes since getting drivers license at 16. (38 yrs.)

First bike I rode was a Bultaco dirt bike that belonged to the dad of a friend when I was 10. When his parents weren't home we would do laps on it around the house. I remember we always had to duck the clothes line in the back yard. I never told my parents and when I got my first dirt bike at 14 they were amazed when I immediately took off on it through the woods. :rolleyes:

I'm 62. I got back into motorcycling after 30 yrs. of bicycling. My FJR is my daily driver and long haul machine. I ride a Husky motard for recreation.

just turned 39, bought a 2005 this last spring, and love the bike.

The more I ride, the more I want to. This is the perfect bike for me, comfortable, fast enough, a heck of a lot of fun

Last edited by a moderator:
Turned 62 in May and bought my FJR in 2008. Put 10,000 miles on her so far and feel the bike's almost perfect.

62 ??? I must have invented dirt.