Avon Storms

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

blueman

blueman
Reaction score
After about 4200 miles on the rear tire my Avon Storm is hitting the wear bars, still exposing tread in the center. How many miles do you think I can ride on them safely if any. The front looks great. And I like to always replace both at the same time. I like the storms an plan on purchasing another set.

I haven't tried the new storms, but if you are an agressive rider the rear will wear faster than the front if you do a lot of straight line riding. If the front is not cupping to bad and still looks pretty good, I'd put a fresh rear on it and call it good. And FYI, I like to replace both tires at the same time too, but I'd just replace the rear If you feel good about the front. Just my HMO.

Gp

I am not riding hard on these it amazes me that the front looks almost brand new and the rear is at its wear bars. I keep them both at 41 pounds. Can the road temp be a major factor in the wear?

Strange. I've had that happen to me before, but it was because I was on the throttle quite a bit. I did discover using the front brakes more and staying off the rear as much as possible helped. I also quit engine braking. I think I got some extra mileage because of it.

GP