back from Iraq

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
IMHO, there are two "must have" farkles. A set of sliders, and reflective bag decals. I went with OES sliders. Clicky The bag decals from Real Time Industries are the way to go,the owner is a forum member. Clicky Welcome home, and welcome to the forum.

Mike

edit: Oops, just saw that you already have sliders. ;)

Last edited by a moderator:
Like many others I cannot help you with the peculiar aspects of an AE but I just wnated to thank you for you service and sacrifices for the rest of you. God Bless!

Thanks for your service to the country. You deserve a terrific bike! Hope it will perform as magnificently for you as mine is for me.

Again, THANKS to all!

I picked the bike up this afternoon... NICE! Had the pleasure of practicing my take-offs on I-270 while it was stop and go traffic due to an accident. The traffic didn't even bother me. For the open roads that I could get it up to speed, placing my feet on the highway pegs and altering my riding position was great. I think this electric shift is going to work out very well. Now I just gotta get my tag updated and I'll be in bussiness. Oh, think I might have to look into those heli-risers. My throttle hand doesn't seem to like the position much.

Welcome home and thank you for serving. Have fun with your bike!
2247302-plus1.gif

Was it only your right hand? I am only a week ahead of you on this bike...

I am adding the throttlemeister and doing the throttle spring release ( you may want to ask the seller if he/she did this), to ease the force required to keep the throttle open.

I also found grip puppies help for comfort.

I expect to also get risers, but want more seat time and other comfort items done before I make an decision on just up, or up and back.

Just my .02

Congrats on the new bike!

Now I'm going to order my TM and highway pegs!

yeah, it was only my right hand. Seems that when I roll on the throttle that my wrist gets stuck downward then my thumb goes numb. Then it's hard to re-adjust my hand while keeping the throttle steady. Might need to look into a throttle lock.

On my 05 I had risers that went up and back, they helped a lot with the addition of grip puppies. But the 05 was a lot more buzzier than the 07. I also did the throttle spring release on my 05. Dont think I'll have to worry about that on the 07. The grip puppies might help in the fact that they'll provide a larger diameter gripping area.

I think I read somewhere that the gen II handle bars can be adjusted back by moving a pin under the bars... I'll have to look into that.

Yes the Gen II bars have 3 positions. If in the neutral position you can go one click forward or back. My thumb was hurting after the 100 mile ride home. Since adding the grip puppies with nothing else done, I found some relieve in grip size, and the fact I get more traction on the grip. To the point I can just rest my hand on the throttle with my thumb positioned on top of the grip just like the other 4 fingers for a few minutes at a time to relieve the pressure.

I ordered the throttlemeister and highway pegs today from Wild Bill's. Still holding off on the risers till I decide I really need them, and if I want up and back or just up.

Bar adjustment thread