Back in the Saddle

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jagermeister

Reaction score
After weeks of uncooperative weather and work, I finally brought the new 08 home from D&H today. :yahoo:

Exactly 2 months and 4 days after totaling the 07, today is sweet!

Everything said before about Jerold and Renaa is true...great people, great prices, no reason to shop elsewhere. The guys in the shop helped me put on the Cal-Sci XL and Vstrom handguards before heading out, making the 323 mile trip to Louisville much easier.

I also put on the new Rick Mayer custom seats, which are a huge improvement over stock. They're a little stiff, but I expect the comfort to improve with break-in.

My first 08 vs 07 impressions are:

1. Black is sexy.

2. The 08 is smooth. Smoother throttle response (expected), and shifting (even before break-in miles) than the 07.

3. 42mpg on the trip home...better than 07?

4. Black is fast.

My wife snapped a few pics while we were there, and on the way home:

DSC00003.jpg

DSC00007.jpg

DSC00013.jpg

[SIZE=12pt]You wanna Race?[/SIZE]

DSC00014-1.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Jagermeister,

Congrats man! Awesome looking ride you have there...and, you started with a great farkle (saddle).

Enjoy and ride safe.

Rex

Congrats Jager.

Very nice looking RMS from the side. :bike: Would like to get a closer look someday. Did you have it covered with leather? Would you say it sits higher than stock?

Nice lookin' ride! We gotta meet up for a ride when you get to Nawlins.

None of the dealers around here have an 08, so you'll be quite unique.

Congrats Jager.
Very nice looking RMS from the side. :bike: Would like to get a closer look someday. Did you have it covered with leather? Would you say it sits higher than stock?
Thanks; yes, the Rick Mayer is taller (1 inch?) than stock, and a bit stiffer, also. I expect it to become softer with break-in, and perhaps compress a little. My initial impressions of the seat are good (much better than stock), and I'll post an update after 1k miles or so.

Here's a better pic of the RMS Vinyl Dual basket weave, mounted in the high position:

DSC00038.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Cool. Loved checking out the pickle jar. I wanted to dip into it. I could just imagine Nick chomping on a pickle while putting together my FJR.