Back on Active Duty - back with my Comrades

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rangerk9

Reaction score
Heading back to my comrades. I needed to get back to something real (no offense to the civilians out there).

I will miss my family with all my heart...but, they are supportive of my endeavors. God Bless them. Hell, they have seen me off to war twice before and know the deal.

I won't miss my bullshit Federal Position. You taxpayers aren't getting what you deserve with the mis-managed Feds. <Sorry>...I was hoping to be part of the change of that (how naive).

I pray that I am able to make a positive difference going back. Alot of perishable knowledge will have to be regained.

My time on the FJR will be greatly reduced and that saddens me...but, I will know that I will be surrounded by noble people doing noble things. As was once put to me...there are Sheep, Sheepdogs and Wolves in this world. To be back with the Sheepdogs sure will feel good.

I will be humbled to be around fine servicemembers that truly know the meaning of sacrifice. I think of Jordan (Axeman's Son- God Bless him!) and am honored to serve with such fine people.

My time on this board will be cut down, but I will be keeping all of you in my thoughts and will get on when I can.

Take care.

Rex

Rex,

You will be in our prayers as you head back into harms way. I understand your frustration with the Fed job, I too am in that position, but am still trying to make a difference in what we provide to you as a warfighter. As long as we remember what we are here for, the support of the warfighter, not just a paycheck, all will work for good. If you ever need anything, remember, you are a part of this forum family and we will be here for you. Who knows, maybe you can talks someone into modifying your Feej with Desert Camo configuration and you can take it with you. B)

Dave

As was once put to me...there are Sheep, Sheepdogs and Wolves in this world. To be back with the Sheepdogs sure will feel good.
Rex
If you haven't read it, the reference comes from Lt. Colonel David Grossman. I'm reading his book, "On Combat" right now. On my list is "On Killing: The Psychological Cost of Learning to Kill in War and Society". More info here:

Killology

Be safe, Rex.

Stay safe, and do our country proud!

What.........they won't let you patrol on the FJR?

Thank you for your service. We need good warriors out there. I'm sure you're among the best. Take care.

Be careful sounds so.....empty! Be alert and prepared, and come back safe and whole. As with other's sentiments, I thank you and your comrades for an invaluable service to and sacrifice for the rest of the world's citizens who live in peace and safety because of those who answer the call to arms.

Rex, enjoyed meeting you and riding with you. Godspeed and from me and mine, thank you sincerely for your service.

Thanks Rex - to move from 'cubicle work' back to real field work - especially by choice demonstrates courage, commitment and honour.

Your experience will be a great asset to your fellow service men and women. Take good care of them - and of your self - and we'll see you back here on your return.

"semper fi" - David

I, too, very much enjoyed the meet and ride as you returned home from your SS1000 to Tampa.

Godspeed, and thank you for your service!

Rex,

It takes a special person to step up and do the dirty work when called upon to do so and it says alot about your character that you choose to do so even after being deployed twice before and knowing the extremely serious ramifications. My sincerest hope for you is that you remain safe and out of harms way. Make sure you come back to your family the same way you left. Good luck to you and I will make sure to keep you close to my heart the same way I do all of our brave men and women who are currently in harms way.....

HERE is an inspirational speech given by Major General James Kelly, commanding general of Marine First Expeditionary Force West in Iraq. If you have a little time you should read it. The fact that he mentions Jordan in his speech makes it all that much better.

Last edited by a moderator:
Attaboy, and thanks.

From an "Overseasbrat". Keep in touch, as we will be watching for you.

B)

God Bless you Rex as you do what's right for you and return to action!

Make sure your family knows (how) to contact your forum mates for any needs here stateside!